Job description / Role
This is a senior management role with accountability to define the IT technology vision, projects and related execution scope for the business channels and customer management domain. The responsibility as the technology subject matter expert to support Digital and other business units with solutions to grow customer acquisitions, upsells/cross-sells and self-service capabilities via their respective channels. Identifying technology solutions to expand the channel footprint and penetration rate for unassisted and partner channels is of prime importance and the candidate is expected to have relevant cutting edge technology knowledge and experience of designing and delivering such solutions.
This role is 50-50 technical and non-technical and will require the candidate to engage, influence and negotiate with Digital, Customer Experience, Consumer and Enterprise business units to ensure the solution architecture and technology adoption is fully aligned with the commercial got-to-market and business unit strategy. The candidate will be expected to proactively and independently manage a team whilst also nurturing a working relationship with necessary business and technical streams to realise the technology vision. The candidate is ultimately responsible for the to-be digital architecture and associated transformational initiatives. With a focus on introducing service capabilities you will drive architecture principles, standards & patterns to deliver agile and cost effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing/engineering/science/ IT related.
- 10-15 Years of IT-non Telco/IT-Telco/ICT experience. Will have hands-on developer experience transitioned into architecture domain.
- 3-5 years Fixed/Mobile market
- 3-5 years’ experience in BSS applications (such as Billing, charging, rating, Roaming, Inter-connection, Product Configuration Process, CPC)
- Mandatory to have technical design or solution architecture experience
- Mandatory to have development background in relevant domain
- At least 5 years of experience using open source technologies for web platforms (eCommerce, content management, marketing, self-care platform).
- Applicants who have crossed over from non-telco industries [retail, FMCG, media & entertainment etc] to telco will be considered
- Background proficiency in either of following Java, Scala, Python, Spring, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, NoSql databases such as Dynamo, in-memory caches and Stream event message technologies like kafka.
- Knowledge of experience management (Drupal or similar) and on-site search.
- Knowledgeable in cloud native architectures, web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
- Experience in consumer mobility including mobile web (adaptive, responsive), Progressive Web App , mobile app (native, hybrid), APIs (RESTful/OData/JSON) and API design.
- Experience with agile delivery, DevOps and micro-services (e.g NodeJS, Spring Boot etc), exposure to frameworks and libraries such as Spring Cloud etc.
- Experience in executing program using Agile methodology. Knowledge of CI/CD
- Desirable to have cloud technologies experience in either AWS, GCP, Azure or AliBaba
- Good understanding of Telecommunications technology life cycle, large scale technology implementation and transformation projects/areas
- Working Knowledge of TMF reference architectures
- TOGAF certification is desirable but more important to demonstrate actual architecture experience
- Desirable or similar product experience below:
• Digital platform experience. Examples such as Sitecore, Magento, SAP Hybris, NetCracker, WCS, Open Source CMS, Google APIGEE or bespoke application is acceptable
• Billing: BSCS,Oracle,Convergys
• CRM: Siebel, MS Dynamics, etc
• OM: Celfocus, Netcracker OPF, Amdocs, Ericsson/Conceptwave, etc
- Disruptive/emerging technology experience is desirable in any of the following and will be seen as advantageous:
• Artificial intelligence - IoT | Blockchain - Robotic Process Automation - Drones - Digitalization - Autonomous vehicles - 5G - Cloud - BIG data
About the Company
du is the new telecommunication services provider in the UAE. We are an integrated service provider offering voice, data, video and content services over fixed and mobile networks to residential and business customers.
du has three broad target segments:
Consumers: Focusing on individuals and households by offering mobile and fixed voice calling, Internet, data services and television. Businesses: Focusing on small to very large corporations and government agencies by offering integrated fixed and mobile business solutions including voice, data, content and applications as well as professional services.
Carriers: Focusing on providing carrier, international data networks and wholesale services to international operators, multinational corporations and telecom carriers.
The needs of our customers are our primary focus. Our aim is to provide new and innovative services that deliver a better customer experience.
Manager - Technology Architect
Director Solution Architecture – Business Revenue and Service Management
Director Solution Design
Manager- Digital Solution Architect
Director - IT Demand Management