Job description / Role
We help large and demanding corporate and financial clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. Although our work is fast-paced, high profile and high pressure and often operates within demanding deadlines, you will find it to be extremely rewarding.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company's finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
You will also have the ability to work across different sub-service lines within our Strategy & Transactions business to expand your horizons. In addition, you will have the ability to travel around the MENA region and beyond as part of your role.
You will analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress. You'll also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you'll have a role to play in other team initiatives - for example, account management and recruitment.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Director within the Transaction Support team, you will lead on client liaison activities with some of our most prestigious clients, manage project teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY. You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- You will plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client.
- You will understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
- You will play a key role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, and client service framework).
- You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback
Skills and attributes for success
- Individuals with strong client liaison and analytical skills will flourish in this environment as you will regularly assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and prepare analyses of financial information to assess trends and fluctuations.
- Good communication skills will also be a key attribute for success within this role as you will be required to assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualified
- Ability to coach, develop and train your teams in the due diligence skills required
- 10-15 years of experience in leading Transaction Support or due diligence engagements
- Buy and sell-side experience and exposure to IPOs, rights issues and broader M&A processes
- Able to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions
- Experience in coordinating and executing large complex cross border transactions with cross functional and cross border teams
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (Arabic language a positive but not a mandatory requirement)
- Good command of transaction analytics tools
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of liaising internationally within a big4 consulting environment
- Strong client relationship development skills
- PE/SWF transaction support experience
- A good understanding of the big4 quality and risk management protocols
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offer's
- Competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply online.
Building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region