Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for:
As a Business Development Division Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the design and implementation of business strategies which reflects external market possibilities, leading all research activities to identify target markets for growth, within the region as well as maintaining a close relationship with senior decision makers within the region.
What you will do:
Development of New Business Ventures
• Establish and instill methodology on the approach of new business avenues, contacts and prospects
• Review and challenge proposed products and services for new business possibilities
• Lead the negotiations with suppliers on new product launching
• Review current business practices and seek Division Manager buy-in
• Ensure close coordination with corporate communication
• Champion the collaboration with Finance team while developing new business ventures
Business Market Gap Analysis
• Support in minimizing incorrect business decisions by using gap analysis as a tool
• Review and challenge the feasibility studies conducted by team
• Ensure constant updates to Macro-economic reports on U.A.E. market data related to the Company's sectors of activity
Analysis and Research
• Ensure business/project risks are mitigated through proper risk management techniques
• Guide all research on channel development, product development and product distribution customer demand
• Observe and understand the competitors market and suggest actions for future improvement
• Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you need to succeed in this role:
• Experience with partnering retailers and distributors regionally
• Solid retail industry exposure and knowledge
• Sound sales and business development skill set
• Strategic vision
• Creative and forward planning
• Deep understanding of the retail market, research and market analyst
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Relentless negotiator and conscience of costs
• Excellent leadership qualities
• University Degree in Business Management
• 10+ years of relevant experience
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance.
What we can offer you
• We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
• We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.