Job description / Role
A document controller is responsible for keeping all the Procurement and Contracts documentations safe and secure, Maintaining proper documents tracking, delivering and receiving documents within the organisation, insuring easy access to these documents, and setting the different processes and policies related to the document controlling system.
Key Tasks and Duties:
Functional and Technical:
- Establish a document controlling system and set the different processes and policies required to successfully implement the system.
- Responsible for setting up, developing and maintaining a central filing system.
- Responsible for the activities of document control including archiving, filing and distribution of documents
- Must ensure the complete safety of documents and arrange proper place/filing cabinets to keep documents.
- All movement to these documents must be recorded properly.
- Ensures the easy access to all documents whenever requested.
- Performs regular check of procurement/ contracts documents in order to ensure that all documents are properly submitted and received back to/from other departments.
- To maintain a document control master data for all movements of documents.
- Responsible for updating document tracking system, validating and reporting on document review progress.
- Effectively follows company’s standard operating procedures in submissions of documents.
- Ensures that all documents have no errors in filenames, submissions, etc.
- Prepares Document Transmittal, Delivery and collection of documents from other departments on regular basis.
- Ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the status of changes and outstanding issues
- Assists in preparing the required details and handles some of the clerical accounting jobs.
- Perform other similar or related duties, as assigned by the Unit Head/ Section Manager.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office is essential ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with “best practice” Documents Control arrangements.
- Strong communication (Verbal & Written), presentation and liaison skills.
- An open, flexible and innovative working style.
- Be an effective team player who is able to work both in a team environment as well as independently.
- Intellectually curious – eager to learn and acquire new skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
About the Company
Albaddad group has been established in Abu Dhabi 1971 by the founder "Hussain Albaddad" to supply the requirements of the tents from the royal family that time and other official authorities in addition to the individual clients. Continued by the second generation of Albaddad who manage the company and develop it according to the highest world standardisation that made Albaddad group ranked number one worldwide.
Second generation of Albaddad family found that the need of establishing factories for prefabricated units, Aluminum, glass, technology, steel and steel structures in addition to the garden furniture and many other companies which diversity the business sectors and products.