Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Document Controller - Major Exhibition Programme
Working within a key team in our programme and project management joint venture, responsible for supporting the head of document controls in the development and maintenance of the dc procedures.
We aim to have a high standard document control system on this major programme, therefore, the knowledge and experience of the document control staff will be more technical rather than purely administrative.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing all processes and procedures for the programme and projects and their implementation on the relevant systems.
• Managing day to day administration of the system and liaising with the EDMS to resolve problems to improve the effective running of the system.
• Supervising the performance of individual members of the document control team on a project by project basis, ensuring the efficient delivery of project requirements.
• Performing document controller’s duties when others are on leave.
• Delivering training on procedures and document protocols internally, to the client teams and supply chain.
• Ensuring the team’s adherence to the processes and procedures and providing guidance when deviation occurs.
• Performing a comprehensive quality check on each document and associated documents, in accordance with the programme defined documents protocols.
• Performing periodic quality checks to the system registers.
• Supporting the team on routine and ad hoc project-wide assignments.
• Producing quantitative, status and analysis reports.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Previous working experience in a similar role.
• Experience of SharePoint and BIW or other on-line collaboration tools.
• Experience of supporting programme/project focused teams in property or construction environments.
• Must be an expert level in Aconex.
• Good knowledge of MS Office packages especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent document organisational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in a high volume environment.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• A high degree of expertise in technical data management.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.