Job description / Role
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to the Bell Captain for welcoming and escorting guests with their baggage to and from their rooms during check-ins and check-outs and to attend valet parking requests for guests and handle the vehicles, luggage and other baggage carefully and safely.
Main Duties :
- To welcome guests at the main entrance, offering greetings appropriate to the time of day.
- To assist guest with all baggage other than items such as briefcase which a guest may prefer to keep with him during check in and check outs.
- Assist with valet parking during for arrival and departure guest.
- Receives and store guest luggage and maintain proper record for controlling luggage tags.
- Arrange luggage in the Luggage room and respond to any inquiry guest may have.
- To tie luggage tags on to guest's luggage especially for group check-in.
- To guide arriving guest to the reception desk and to wait beside the guest during the check-in, if necessary.
- To be ready to step forward and receive the room key from the Front Office Assistant to escort them to their room.
- To address the guest by name
- To be prepared to make room changes, transfer baggage from one room to another.
- To be prepared to deliver messages and packages and do any errands as and when required such as guest transportation and airline arrangement.
- To remember guest names, especially repeat guests, VIPS, repeat guests, long staying guests and always greet guests as they are in the hotel.
- Must be able to know all Food and Beverage outlets; operational times so as to be able to recommend to guests.
- During check-out, always make a quick check of the room to ensure that the guests have not forgotten any personal items.
- To attend to telephone calls, complaints and requests made to the Bell Counter in the absence of the Bell Captain.
- Act as a Doorman and present the first and last impression of arrival and leaving guests.
- To clean and maintain baggage room and work area assist in maintaining LEGO bricks & soft bricks at Kids play area are neatly arrange. Report any malfunction of equipment of facilities in the lobby to the Bell Captain.
- Maintains and upkeep the appearance of the hotel lobby and entrance.
- To hoist and bring down flags and maintain its order and cleanliness.
- To talk to the guests and do the job right the first time
- To perform other duties as may be assigned.
- To assist and take over the duties of the Concierge whenever required acting on the instruction of his supervisors.
- To be fully knowledgeable on relevant information relating to hotel facilities, and on all places of interest at Dubai Parks and Resorts, Dubai and surrounding areas.
- To note down any requests or information required by the hotel guests, as and when requested and to act accordingly without fail.
- To attend fullest co-operation to your working colleagues and do not take advantage over them.
- To be properly attired when on duty and to have discipline at all times
- To attend pre-shift briefing and communications meeting required or requested by the Bell Captain or Front Office Manager.
Health & Safety :
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- 1 - 3 years of Bellman, Hotel Driver or Valet Parking Driver.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in OPERA property management system or equivalent.
- Must have valid car driver license.
- Must be able to speak the English language clearly and fluently.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014