Job description / Role
Urgent! Dredging Superintendent (Requirements below)
• Responsible for the execution of the dredging works. Organizes the work, so that the work is carried out to the required standards of safety and quality with a minimum of risk to persons and equipment.
• Responsible for the most cost-effective method of execution and monitors daily the actual versus estimated output.
• Supervises the SDM on all operational planning and execution of dredging works and seeks together with SDM, Technical Superintendent and Production Department for the most productive way of dredging, i.e. the right choice of cutter, suction heads, impellers, number of pumps, choice of dredging cycle, etc.
• Reporting of defects to vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department, the Project Manager and the Head office.
• Daily reporting to and consultation with the Project-Works -Manager, the Project Team on the operational activities, more in particular on the progress of the works for which he is responsible.
• Making honest and valued evaluation of the SDM/Crew/ Sandfield master/ barge master.
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.