Job description / Role
The Drug Discovery Lead will be tasked with leading the development of operations in this exciting field and the development of a new drug discovery portfolio.
A health technology company active across data and AI, digital health, advanced OMICS, pharma, diagnostics and environmental sciences.
* Develop an operational Drug Discovery roadmap with scientific, technical, clinical and commercial validity, based on the translation of our data assets into new drug targets and candidates
* Demonstrate global domain expertise in the field of AI-driven drug discovery and work with the Head of Partnerships and broader business team to develop internally and where needed source external expertise in this field
* Work with existing and new/external bioinformatics capabilities to develop a robust pipeline of new drug targets, including but not necessarily limited to rare diseases that are prevalent within the UAE population
* Support the Business in understanding value, ROI and strategic priorities in this space
* Work with the Head of Partnerships and wider Business to secure grants and funded collaborations in the area of expertise
* Interface with the global ecosystem of industry, startups, AI and pharma to return business value and patient impact
* Develop and own relevant KPIs and funding targets
Opportunity to join a Health Tech company that lies at the cross-road between healthcare, tech, industry, data, research and life sciences.
* PhD in health, biomedical, health tech and/or life-science related field
* 10 or more years in Drug discovery field with a strong understanding of the global landscape including industry, startups, pharma and regulatory
* Proven C or Director level of AI in Drug discovery role, ideally in a role combining science, operations, product development and commercial growth
* Advanced understanding of complex genomics / multi-omics big data analytics with a track record in molecular biomarker and new drug target identification
* Product and Business development acumen with the entrepreneurial skillset and can-do approach combining strategy and operations
* Deep understanding of drug development pipelines and related regulatory landscape
* A deep interest in health innovation and cutting edge health/life science developments with a willingness to deep dive into complex topics and express them simply and coherently
* Solid commercial and product-centric acumen with the ability to bridge the gap between tech, science and business
* Existing portfolio of global relationships with biopharma, universities, biotech and pharma
* Ability to liaise with executives, medical, biomedical, scientific, commercial and government stakeholders
* Previous experience in working with the government in the Middle East
* Solid ability to perceive, discover and nurture opportunity in ambiguous spaces
* Good understanding and experience in dealing strategically with IP, commercial and projection
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.