Job description / Role
Play Your Part
The Duty Manager will oversee all aspects of the hotel guest experience and work with his/her counterparts to achieve seamless communication between hotel departments and the Resort.
- Oversees the daily management of the guest experience, providing hands-on guidance and support to all departments where necessary
- Ensures the alignment of service standards and operating procedures with the wants and needs of hotel guests.
- Works to achieve seamless integration of systems, policies and processes between the Hotel and Resort with a focus on optimizing efficiency and convenience for hotel guests.
- Responsible for the aesthetic appearance and functionality of all public space areas and guest amenities, including but not limited to: Porte of Cochere, hotel grounds, Main Lobby, Pool, and Terrace.
- Immediately respond to and resolve guest concerns in an empathetic manner, offering a sincere apology and providing timely follow-up and/or appropriate compensation if/when necessary.
- Takes ownership of any defects that negatively impact the guest experience and work together with hotel leadership to make the changes necessary to prevent re occurrence.
- Champions the warm welcoming of guests to the hotel
Business Impact / Results
- Directly oversees the planning and day-to-day activities of the Pool Area, Security, Entertainments as applicable to the Hotel and its guests.
- Monitors and reviews guest contact areas throughout the hotel to ensure unwavering adherence to service standards, policies and processes with a focus on the guest experience.
- Maintains the Manager on Duty program and scheduling to achieve adequate leadership coverage, while ensuring timely response and follow-up to all guest requests and concerns, 24/7.
- Continually collects and reviews guest feedback with teams and counterparts in an effort to minimize defects and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Works with hotel teams to streamline the flow of communication and operational processes related to all departments within the Resort, with a focus on efficiency and guest convenience.
- Develops, implements and monitors standard protocol related to cleanliness, health, liability, lost & found, safety, and security throughout the Hotel. (e.g. identifying potential hazards, incident reporting, emergency response, evacuation procedures, etc.)
- Monitor and review guest feedback to identify and influence the addition of resources, events and/or amenities that will enhance the guest experience.
- Explore and provide feedback relative to new sales opportunities and/or added revenue streams.
- Continually participates to develop new, unique and exciting entertainment programs for hotel guests.
- Work closely with the Hotel Excellence & Guest Experience Manager and Front Office Manager in terms of striving to achieve the wider hotel objectives.
- Update the Hotel Excellence & Guest Experience Manager on any operational issues and/or guest concerns in a timely manner, ensuring the earliest possible resolution and appropriate support in times of need.
- Deliver thorough and motivational pre-shifts to team members, communicating pertinent information relative to the day's activities, outstanding issues, etc while ensuring alignment and understanding of focuses, goals and objectives.
Decision Making and Autonomy
- Champion the guest experience, observing all activities from the guest's point-of-view, and make actionable recommendations to counterparts and the Guest Services Manager for improvements.
- Make decisions relative to appropriate compensation in response to guest concerns.
- Work to develop new programs and initiatives focused on streamlining the flow of communication and integration of processes between the Hotel and Resort.
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills
- Advanced proficiency in interpersonal and guest communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Lead by example while being a role model for the Merlin Way.
- Work independently and as part of a team on various projects and initiatives.
- Understanding of budgets, key performance indicators, moral and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Effective use of department and resort resources.
- Ensure there is adequate leadership coverage, 24/7.
- Provide a balanced level of support and leadership to both the day and night teams in the hotel.
- Empower the relevant members of the team to make decisions in order to resolve guest issues and ensure a positive outcome.
- Ensure team and department costs are kept within agreed budget.
- Ensure the whole team has a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the importance of alignment and positive attitudes.
- Provide the relevant information, tools and training to the appropriate teams in order to deliver the guest experience and to foster continuous career growth and development for department associates.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Effective applies strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills on a daily basis.
- Offers creative ideas for delivering the guest experience and achieving operational/financial targets.
- Acts as an incident controller to provide protection, support and recovery to the Hotel.
- Coordination of all safety and security activities for the hotel.
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve difficult guest situations which result in a positive outcome.
Health & Safety
You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 2 - 4 years of management experience or progressive growth in a customer service oriented role, preferably in theme park or hotel/resort operations.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide excellent guest service.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and security procedures as related to health, liability, loss prevention, incident reporting, etc is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Big Fish Recruitment
Dubai Parks and Resorts