Job description / Role
- To be an ambassador of the Front Office and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To ensure the efficient running of the day and evening operations in the hotel.
- To oversee directly the ambassador on evening shift of the hotel and the Front Office operations during the morning / night shift, including the Reception, CID, Bell Desk, Concierge, Guest Relations, Business Center, Airport representatives, Drivers and Valet Parking, ensuring that the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the lobby throughout the day and evening.
- To ensure appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the morning and evening operations and to approve requisitions accordingly.
- To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To ensure a proper coverage and supervision of all the sections at all times during the evening shift at the Lobby, Concierge, Porter and Front office counters.
- To be present in the reception or lobby during check-in and check-out time or any event and to socialize with guests, playing a Public Relations role.
- To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To act as a representative of the Management when dealing with guest complaints or if an ambassador member is facing difficulties that he/she cannot solve on his/her own.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner by resolving it and making sure the guest is satisfied, and always logs all complaint.
- To call the DOR or the HM for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To ensure that Guest History records are accurately maintained and all recurring guests are pre-registered.
- To ensure that the evening arrival lists are updated, transportation and airport services are scheduled and all the rooms are blocked according to guest requests and needs.
- To ensure proper completion of all CID and local government requirements concerning hotel guests and files.
- To implement and control the "Focus" and other financial and audit procedures.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- To ensure that the evening departure lists are updated, check-out times are respected and that the transportation needs are scheduled.
- To offer assistance at any time in the operations and to monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any dysfunction.
- To ensure and perform a proper use of all the equipment and property management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To ensure the strict control of room keys and section keys.
- To patrol in the lobby, implementing and following up daily check lists.
- To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur.
- To have a sound knowledge of the local environment such as restaurants, and shopping areas or other points of interest within the city.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To be well aware of the outlet timings and promote the internal activities and events.
- To report daily activity highlights with the Director of Rooms and Front Office Manager, including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To entertain regular and potential clients.
- To ensure the Accor loyalty programs are promoted and to build strong and long-term relationships with the guests.
- To create an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the ambassador during the evening.
- To ensure trainings and regular "refresher" courses are conducted and attended as scheduled.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub sections of the Rooms Departments.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.