Job description / Role
Position : Front Office Duty Manager
Department : Rooms Division / Front Office
Reports to : Assistant Front Office Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To assist in the forward planning of the department which includes Reception, Front Office Administration and Data Administration.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of his/her duties
- Ensure repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
- Control room availability, room types, accuracy of room count and rate categories
- Maximize occupancy, revenue & average rate while maintaining high service standards
- Liaise with Housekeeping Department to ensure room image is maintained and the "Room Ready on Arrival" policy is adhered to
- Liaise closely with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure special guest needs, amenities and other room-related requests are met
- Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with the Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
- Know system recovery procedures
- Interpret computer reports and compile relevant statistics for front office
- Approve upgrades and special amenities in absence of manager
- Maintain inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
- Inspect frequently for cleanliness and orderliness of the lobby, reception and cashier's desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival
- Prepare efficient work and vacation schedule for Front Office Staff, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements
- Maintain appropriate staff standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure productive departmental performance
- Work with Finance in the preparation and management of the department's budget
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all direct reports do the same
- Good organisational skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural workforce
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Display high levels of integrity, dedication and support for continuous improvement
- Flexible management style to meet the challenges of a changing work environment
- Good knowledge of the entire Front Office Operations
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can motivate the Team to perform their best
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System preferred
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' relevant experience with at least 2 year at a supervisory level.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.