Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
As Duty Manager with our hotels, you are responsible for the efficient management of the front desk operations specifically arrival and departure involving the reception and cashiering in a smooth and efficient manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily Operations of the Front Desk.
- Coach, lead, guide and direct the efforts of the team of Reception Agents.
- Provide support to Front Desk manager in the daily operational duties.
- Consistently offer friendly, engaging and a service culture that contributes positively to the service provided within our brands.
- Adhere to the established financial guidelines and control all costs.
- Regularly review "Open Balance? report and ensure that guests in-house have sufficient deposit to cover for their estimated total charges upon departure.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization/completion/sale using electronic acceptance methods.
- Overlook the operational house bank.
- Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using acceptable electronic device; including corrections and adjustments in guest folio.
- Maintain an accurate filing system.
- Liaise with Front Desk colleagues on all outstanding bills and ensure full payment of departing guests.
- Ensure that the hotel credit policies are adhered to at all times.
- Perform daily "bucket check report" against guest folio ensuring that charges are accurately posted and support receipts are properly filed/attached.
- Ensure that team members and one's cash report is balanced and closed at the end of the shift with remittance envelop dropped in the cash vault.
- Review all reservations, assign room blockings
- Constantly check reservations to ensure room availability and special blockings are handled correctly.
- Perform registration process by obtaining data from guest and by observing the established guidelines.
- Check all transactions performed by Front Desk colleagues during shift and countersign on designated space in the registration card signifying approval.
- Ensure that repeat guests are pre-registered, when necessary.
- Update and maintain guest history/profile of all guests.
- Overlook and drive ALL loyalty and guest recognition programs.
- Manage the submission of all local government requirements/information concerning hotel guests.
- Manage the strict control of room keys.
- Ensure that all rooms which are due to check-out are checked and the daily housekeeping discrepancy reports are resolved.
- Promotes and follows a safe work environment.
- Promotes and leads a service driven, results driven work environment.
- Follows departmental SOP?s (Standard Operating Procedures) including all safety policies.
- Promote all hotel services, offers and facilities and their operating hours.
- Passion for guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Fluency in English, and either Russian or third language mandatory
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Experience with a Hotel loyalty program an asset.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.