Job description / Role
Every Day, Around the World, People Reach for Unilever Products. Our Brands Are Trusted Everywhere And, By Listening to The People Who Buy Them, We've Grown into One of The World's Most Successful Consumer Goods Companies. In Fact, 150 Million Times A Day, Someone Somewhere Chooses a Unilever Product.
Look in Your Fridge, Or on The Bathroom Shelf, And You're Bound to See One of Our Well-Known Brands. We Create, Market and Distribute the Products That People Choose to Feed Their Families and Keep Themselves and Their Homes Clean and Fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy Aims to Double the Size of Our Business While Reducing Our Impact on The Environment By 2020. As A Result, In the Months and Years to Come, We Envisage Many Opportunities for Our Staff to Progress and Gain Vital Experience. It's Never Been Such an Exciting Time to Join the Unilever Team.
Job Title: NAME eCommerce Director
Department : Customer Development
Location : Dubai
Hiring Manager: Managing Director - Gulf
- Create and drive the Ecommerce vision and strategy, ensuring all sub-channels, customers and shoppers are supported by a world-class and scalable eCommerce experience. eCommerce Strategy Development for NAME.
- Responsible for the overall NAME eCommerce plan - across capability and P&L management (co-owned by country teams)
- Change agent - embed ecommerce into larger organization processes i.e Innovations, IBP, budgeting, forecasting
- Is consistently seeking NRS (New Revenue Streams) opportunities that fit long-term ambition
- Drives C4G together with other digital transformation partners (Media and CMI)
- Leads eCommerce Customer Management on regional and country level.
- Drive digital channel/consumer/shopper agenda with Digital Hub through data driven shopper marketing activities
Roles & Responsibilities
- FMCG Sales experience is a must - understanding the full Order to Cash cycle
- Tech savvy with a digital marketing background, as well as eCommerce experience
- Have previously dealt with / managed customers (both Modern Trade and General Trade)
- Project management and remote team management skills
- Customer Development
- Media/Digital Hub
- Supply Chain
- CMI - Consumer Marketing Insights
- Global Ecommerce CD
- Global CD Expertise teams
- CD Excellence team
- CD IT
- HR Business Partners
- Managing Directors across NAME region
- NAME MCO Leadership Team
- Third Party logistics
Key Competencies & Skills - Standards of Leadership
- Vision, strategic thinking and commercial acumen with attention to detail and technical know-how
- Strong management skills, demonstrating commercial awareness and previous experience of building effective working relationships with key stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with ability to convert strategies into executable plans with clear milestones and interdependencies ensuring business imperatives are met
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work under ambiguity
- Adaptable to fast changing environment
- Talent Developer
- Effective communicator
- Comfortable to work in multi country/function matrix organization
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and working capability.
- Organizational change-agent mind-set
- Proven Stakeholder Management, communication and leadership skills
Standards of Leadership:
- Agility/Learning Mindset - Supportive of others
- Prefer to be a Team player
- One Unilever mindset
- Belief that anyone can develop anything - intelligence can be developed
- Desire to learn
- Embrace challenges
- See failure as essential to mastery
- Business Acumen: Channel Navigator - Is able to generate insights and opportunities
- Organization Navigator: Knows how to work with all stakeholders
- Consumer Love: Has Shopper and Customer Obsession
- Passion for High Performance: Challenges the status quo, has the CAN DO mindset and is accountable and responsible for successes and failures.
- Talent Catalyst: Is able to develop and magnify the power of people
- Personal Experience: Resilience- ability to thrive in change
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Director - Turnaround Restructuring
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Head of Marketing