Job description / Role
- Electrical Engineer
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
- To ensure adequate and efficient supply of electrical power to support factory and administrative operations within the bounds of Unilever Specific Standards on Electrical Safety
- To ensure peak performance of all factory electrical equipment by the judicious execution of a maintenance schedule and to make suggestions for upgrade/replacement as required.
- Lead the automation & Robotics agenda for the factory for ensuring that the factory grows in accordance with modern manufacturing techniques and Industry 4.0
- To ensure that all locations, tasks and equipment conform to the Electrical Safety Standards
- Lead the predictive maintenance agenda for Electrical & Instrumentation equipment in the factory
- To plan and execute electrical, Instrumentation & Automation projects for the factory's expansion schemes within time and budget estimates
- Influence Original Equipment Manufacturers to deliver equipment within the specific Unilever Scope of equipment design.
- Support Factory Engineers in the maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Anticipate electrical capacity requirements for future expansions to make a business case for capital investment.
- Initiates plans to replace equipment whose status that have implication on electrical safety and energy efficiency.
- Rationalization/Redistribution of factory loads with due cognizance for business priority areas and optimum capacity utilization of equipment
- Coordinates a team of technicians in the execution of routine/specialized maintenance tasks for all electrical equipment.
- Ensures electrically related contracts are carried out to specific scope and within electrical safety standards.
- Periodic appraisal of technicians
- Identifies skill gaps of team and follow recommendations to close
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
- 3-5 years' experience in electronics maintenance and should have utilities electrical maintenance knowledge
- Must have knowledge of PLC technology; siemens, omron, Allen Bradley, Schneider electric
- Understanding & Application of Programming languages & Databases
- Experience with Servo Motors & Robotics
- Experience with High & Low Voltage electrical subsystems
- Ability to manage team performance
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Solar Project - Electrical Installation Engineer (Wind and Solar)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Electrical Design Engineer - Solar
Estimation Engineer - Electrical & Instrumentation
Control Contracting & Trading Company (CCTC)
|Abu Dhabi||26 Feb|
QA/QC Inspector (Electrical & Instrumentation)