Job description / Role
The NSSTC is looking to hire an electrical engineer to support the development of the NSSTC facility, to design and develop ground support and test equipment, and to create electro-mechanical hardware intended for both ground and space-based operation. You'll be working as part of a team designing and building CubeSats and Small Spacecraft. As an engineer you will be asked to perform a variety of tasks related to the development of projects within the NSSTC including (but not limited to) support of the facilities development; test equipment development; and design, analysis, assembly, test, and verification/validation of performance of ground and space-based hardware and software. The ability to work with students at UAE University as a mentor is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with a multi-disciplinary team including professionals, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students
- Documenting interfaces and requirements
- Designing discipline-specific components for space flight applications
- Modeling and analyzing designs of ground and space hardware
- Performing other engineering tasks
- BS degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- Higher degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel)
- Computer Aided design tool knowledge as related to schematic design and PC Board layout
- Experience creating discipline-specific documents for fabrication and assembly
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.