Job description / Role
Reporting to the Head of Department, to teach Electrical Engineering based subjects to national students delivering the Diploma of Electrical Engineering Technology Programme. The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of the accredited curriculum, to assess students' performance in accordance with National Standards to ensure the quality of teaching and learning is maintained and enhanced.
• Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of students, working with other team members.
• In collaboration with the team implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning
• To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
• Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
• To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
• Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
• To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
• Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
• Industry experience in a relevant area of Electrical engineering or Electro/Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of relevant vocational teaching/training with experience of qualifications delivery
• Ability to teach some of the following: electrical fundamental, power systems, transformers, protection & control devices, electrical maintenance, Electronics and Instrumentation.
• Cultural awareness of area
• IT skills
• Assessor/ Verifier Awards
• Practical experience in Electrical Installation with up-to-date legal requirements including and Health & Safety
• Ability to deliver practical, applied learning
• Work experience in GGC Region or similar location
• Education requirements
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
• Membership of Professional body, IEEE or Equivalent
• Excellent oral and written English essential.
• IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only
• Arabic Language an advantage
In return, you will receive a package of £51,000 (Basic and accommodation allowance)
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results