Job description / Role
We are looking for a female Electrical Technician to perform maintenance, repairs and services of electrical machinery and equipment to ensure efficient operation and reduce production down time.
• Repairs and maintains efficiently a wide range of electrical equipment and systems.
• Ensures timely preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance repairs, with minimum direction and supervision, (including “on call” duties, as and when required), to restore the electrical systems.
• Assists Technician Engineers or attends jobs independently.
• Has clear understanding of relevant methods and procedures - including associated risks - and selects the required tools and equipment to complete such works in a safe and effective manner.
• Carries out maintenance works in adherence with EHS standards and plant operating requirements, to minimise workplace accidents / inquiries.
• Monitors repeated breakdowns and suggests and implements proper resolutions to avoid recurrence of similar problems.
• Reads and understands electrical drawings and job instructions from immediate supervisor.
• Identifies dangers related to High Voltage equipment and carries out maintenance and breakdown activities safely and in line with EGA Health & Safety regulations and Electrical Maintenance Procedures.
• If appointed in writing by EGA has the authority to receive Permit to Work documents as per EHA Safety Rules.
• Ensures that all maintenance work is carried out in accordance with safety procedures and pant operational requirements
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Craft /Trade certificate or equivalent qualification.
• 5 years’ experience in a similar position (in a Power plant and electrical sub-stations).
• Craft /Trade certificate holders: 8 years’ experience in electrical maintenance.
• Hands-on experience of generators, switchgear, transformers and electrical schemes. Skills:
• Knowledge of all electrical maintenance tools.
• Some PC. Knowledge.
• Conversant with generators, motors, transformers and switchgear.
• Speaks, reads and writes English to a good standard.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and assertive personality.
• Computer literate.
• Teamwork skills (including shift work is also essential)
• Self-motivated and dedicated with a desire to work in a Multi-Cultural environment.
• Experience using computerised maintenance system, ordering spare parts and maintaining records
About the Company
Najma Human Resources and Training Consultancy, is committed to professional service in Human Resource and Training.
Najma, has been operating successfully since 1997 and has been offering consultancy service to a number of reputed organizations in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Al Ain||11 Sep|
Site Engineer (Electrical/HVAC)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jul|