Job description / Role
Electrical & Mechanical Foreman x 7 - MEP Projects
- Monitor the execution of day-to-day electrical/mechanical activities
- Collect job tasks from Construction Manager and implement them in allotted time-frame
- Prepare material requests
- Allocate and delegate tasks to electrician/mechanical team according to their capabilities
- Guide foremen and electricians/mechanics in effective work execution
- Monitor the punctuality and attendance of workers under direct control
- Prepare daily work schedule for foremen and electricians
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with foremen/charge hands and command respect and confidence
- Ability to coordinate with other contractors, main contractor & consultant engineers and resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to understand commercial aspects and highlight additional works/variations to superiors.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the installation of LV electrical, lighting control, fire alarm & voice evacuation, PA/BGM, BMS & controls, Telephone/Data, Central battery Emergency lighting, MATV, security, structured cabling, earthing & Lightning protection systems
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.