Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Reporting to the Shift Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Maintain buildings, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring and other related maintenance activities.
- Inspect facilities and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Review job order to determine work priorities.
- Schedule repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous operations and guest and owner satisfaction.
- Complete preventative maintenance program items in coordination with plan.
- Perform pool and spa maintenance.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Ensure Master card/Key/mobile/vacuum machine/Ladder sign in-out.
- Guest room PPM and the Daily PPM rooms to check and carry out the job.
- Guest room/Apartment request attending.
- RSM request attending.
- Make sure plant room reading taken as per the timing.
- Check the PPM check list and carry out the PPM as per schedule.
- PPM for FCU, EXF, PUMPs, Electrical DB, Dimmer panel, Fky killer, Kitchen PPM.
- Apartments request attending.
- While doing the PPM use the PPE.
- Responding immediately for any emergency request for fire alarm, water flooding, gas alarm etc.
- Report any hazard during work.
- Report any abuse of equipment/ Energy.
- Plant room regular visit, maintain clean and tidy.
- Sump pump cleaning and PPM.
- Chiller yard rounds/inspection.
- Booster heater/pumps monthly PPM.
- PRV PPM and monthly checks.
- Ice machine filter replacement monthly.
- Generator PPM.
- Monthly meter reading.
- Energy conservation to monitor.
- Daily Pending works to be followed up without fail.
- Ensure Side Kick PPM completed as per the schedule plan.
- Previous experience is a must
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Previous experience with painting, plumbing, electrical wiring and other related experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with pool and gym experience is an asset.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as a part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiastic and dependable.
- Active listening.
- A self-starter, take initiative, can make decisions in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Customer service.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good communications skills.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.