Job description / Role
Our client, an engineering consultancy firm, is currently looking for an Electro-Mechanical Inspector for their infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi. For this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day.
• Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
• Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work daily to advice on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the Materials Inspector and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the concerned Engineer.
• Report to the concerned Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
• Process the Request to check work forms and maintain records of their status.
• Take measurement of works inspected.
• Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans.
• Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor on a Day Works basis.
• Make special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
• Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor. Consider alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
• Issue instructions to the Foreman in Charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
• Notify the concerned Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
• Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the concerned Engineer immediately.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• With a 2- year diploma or a degree in a electrical engineering
• Minimum 8 years of related experience on infrastructure projects
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction-related processes related to area of assignment
• Committed to safe work practices
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
A Leading Energy And Construction Company In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jun|
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer
Solar Project - Electrical Installation Engineer (Wind and Solar)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
QA/QC Inspector (Electrical & Instrumentation)
Lead Electrical Engineer - Tender & Design - Contractor
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|