Job description / Role
• Clinically manages all patients under his/her care in the Emergency Department;
• Provides medical direction and advice to on-shift ED physician staff;
• Respond to all Code Blue calls in the Emergency Department;
• Acts as a triage coordinator in multi-person/disaster cases;
• Provides clinical guidance, direction, and coordination of activities for supportive care within the ED and for follow-up care;
• Promotes and participates in ongoing education and training of all medical staff in the ED including the participation in hospital symposia and specialist meetings;
• Participates in department in-services and attends staff meetings;
• Manages the operations of the assigned clinical service(s)/program(s) within the ED; schedules and assigns staff reporting to him/her; coordinates and manages the clinical practice and patient care activities; authorizes the reassignment of staff reporting to him/her within and across clinical service/program areas of responsibility; responsible for creating master rotations;
• Works with the stakeholders to provide for sufficient qualified medical staff with the professional skills and judgment to deliver safe patient care;
• Works with the stakeholders to ensure that space, facilities, equipment, and supplies at the ED meet the professional, educational and administrative needs;
• Manages assigned staff in accordance with professional standards, performance expectations and current legislated/contractual obligations; promotes and/or provides for cooperative working relationships, and a quality practice environment;
• Acts as a resource to the leadership team in the area of specialization.
• Provides expert consultative advice to interdisciplinary team members as required;
• Supports the development of annual operating and capital equipment budget forecasts for the assigned service area by the concerned finance departments; monitors activities and ensures expenditures are within approved budgets; identifies efficiencies and promotes optimal use of resources, making recommendations for current and future program and service adjustments;
• Monitors indicators and takes corrective action to ensure that clinical programs and services continue to operate efficiently and effectively; manage contracts for assigned programs and services;
• Acts as an advocate for patients and families; responds to identified issues; take a lead role in coordinating a complaint review/audit process to address concerns regarding patient care and processes;
• Participates in the development and maintenance of administrative and clinical information systems; ensures contractual and government reporting requirements are met;
• Ensures that professional practice and care standards are maintained;
• Encourages medical research and evidence-based practice at the ED.
• Established a Quality Practice environment within the service.;
• Performs other professional duties as may be assigned within his/her scope and ability
AED 45,000 to 65,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Education allowance + family visa + family return-ticket
• Medical Doctor degree or recognized equivalent
• Post-Graduate qualification in Emergency Medicine
• Active membership in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Emergency Medicine, or The College of Family Physicians of Canada, CCFP(EM) or equivalent
• Active Registration to Practice Medicine within specialty from the country of origin or country of last practice
• Current ACLS certification OR will be required to obtain ATLS certification within a given time period
• Minimum10 years’ experience in an active treatment hospital within his/her specialty.
• Ability to handle and lead the clinical management of complex and critical patients.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
• Knowledge of Arabic considered as a plus
About the Company
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.
General Practitioner (ICU)
TGC Consulting Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||20 Jul|