Job description / Role
Title: Public Relations Officer
Immediate Supervisor: The PRO reports directly to the HR Coordinator and Director of Admin.
Core Purpose of the Post:
As a member of the administration team across the school, the PRO will model the School mission, values and beliefs in action, particularly with respect to international-mindedness and intercultural understanding.
The key task of the PRO is to carry out all the duties related to submission, collection, and processing of application papers and various legal documents. The PRO must respect and ensure compliance with the policies of the School and its systems for the delivery of the assigned services.
This job description shall be reviewed regularly and may be subject to modification and amendment after consultation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
All staff members are required to carry out their duties as set out in the Staff Handbook, which should always be consulted as a changing document. At Arbor, the following areas have been highlighted as being of particular importance to the post holder:
• Collecting and providing regular updates on all work standards from government offices to keep the HR office well informed for any changes in procedures and rules.
• Submitting, following up and gathering all new work and business visas to guarantee that the visas are handled and processed on time.
• Renewing and updating employee and their dependents’ visas and work contracts in a timely manner, and ensuring all records are up to date in the labour and immigration Departments.
• Sending notifications to employees on required documents.
• Ensuring all business and trade licenses are updated, following up with official approvals and permits, to prevent unnecessary violations.
• Accurately preparing and processing required legal documents like contract attestations in government agencies such as Ministry of Economic, Ministry of Finance, Customs, Court, Chamber of Commerce, Traffic Department and Municipality, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education,…etc;
• Representing the company at different offices like airports, embassies, police stations, ministries/municipalities and other government departments, when required;
• Dealing promptly and productively on general enquiries about PRO functions;
• Assisting the school in determining any issues identified with organisation registration and renewals;
• Performing other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the HR Coordinator which may include, but are not limited to:
• Arranging visas (work permits, husband sponsored visas, visit visas etc.) for expatriates and their families.
• Scheduling staff visas, medicals as well as coordinating with other internal and external departments.
• Collecting all appropriate documentation necessary for visas and permits required to be processed.
• Organising visas for holiday and business-related travel for managers as required.
• Responding to staff queries on Visa/ Labour / Passport related matters.
• Assisting in all general inquiries concerning labour and immigration matters.
• Providing admin staff support as required.
Teamwork and Collaboration
• Participating in any relevant meetings/professional development opportunities at the school, which relate to Human Resources.
Exercise of particular duties
• Performing any reasonable duties as requested by the HR Coordinator or Director of Admin.
This job description is not your contract of employment. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
Ultimately, it should be recognised that in a new school, and particularly during pre-opening, all posts must share tasks such as the above. Any post holder should be pro-active and flexible about working in a startup setting.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma in business or relevant;
• Fluent in Arabic and English language;
• Ability to work with a range of staff and customers at all levels;
• Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed and accuracy;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
• Applicant must hold a valid UAE driving license.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
• Detail-oriented and the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally;
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Ability to remain composed and professional at all times;
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities as required;
• Reliable Attendance and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines;
• Ability to obtain and analyse data to formulate strategies to address market conditions;
• A sense of humour and excellent work ethic.
About the Company
Praxis Established in 2016 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Al Mutatawera Gulf General Trading (MGGT), Praxis is an educational services company that builds and operates full-age rage schools in the Gulf (GCC) region.