Job description / Role
Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility):
• Demonstrates Proficiency in the operational, maintenance and design standards of UPS & DC Plant system, Diesel Generator & Low Voltage Distribution Systems as per Engineering specifications.
• Assesses all tasks related to the operations & maintenance of Exchanges & Data Centre Building Electrical & Power Plant Systems and determines project scope and specifications
• Interfaces effectively with personnel from within and outside the Unit in order to address issues related to Building electrical services
• Provides technical, administrative support, project management, and coordination to the installation, testing and commissioning process for all Building Electrical & Power Plant Systems infrastructure.
• Ensures compliance with the prescribed Operation & Maintenance procedures, guidelines & standards with respect the Property Management function required for a specific project
• Ensures the Electrical & Power Plant Systems facilities operational parameters is in top condition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reviews, assesses, and scopes the day-to-day operational and maintenance activities/ requirements related to the provision, upgrading and modification of Electrical & Power Plant Systems and determines project scope and specifications.
• Develop and review preventive maintenance plan for all Electrical & Power Plant Systems. Manage and coordinate with vendors to resolve any incidents during emergency situations. This may require to physically be dispatched on to site to investigate and resolve the issue.
• Manage Exchanges correction project which aims to renovate all the old Exchanges and eliminate any risk from the design and operation point of view.
• Analyse equipment failures, incident reports, equipment to improve performance and reliability and suggest/implement corrective plan to avoid such incidents in the future.
• Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability as well as more efficient power consumption solution.
• Participates in establishing the Property Management’s maintenance and operational strategies/guidelines
• Participates in tender evaluation and negotiation as required; reviews work of selected Contractors and follows-up as required to ensure compliance with contract terms & conditions
• Prepares and submits project assessments, load management relating to operational and technical requirements
• Producing details of specifications and outline designs and Recommend modifications following prototype test results
• Perform detailed Power calculations to compute and establish energy savings.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
Related Professional Training, Certification or Membership:
• Mandatory: Service Training UPS, DC plant, Battery, PLC & Generator with Driving license
• Preferred: Local distributor service training
Years & Field of Experience required:
Min. 7 years relevant experience in UPS, DC plant, Battery, PLC, Diesel Generator, Fire System, & LV Distribution system
Job-Specific Competencies required to successfully perform the job
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in UPS, DC plant, Battery, PLC, Diesel Generator & LV Distribution system function, operation, both in theory and troubleshooting (Specialist level)
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in Fire Fighting Extinguisher System (wet & dry), electrical protection and safety devices. (Specialist level)
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft office software (Specialist level)
• Knowledgeable in CAD drawing software (Advanced level)
• Driving (Advanced level)
• OEM Trainings (Advanced level)
Number of vacancies: 5
About the Company
A leading agri-food company in the UAE.
Engineer Electrical & Power Plant E&PP
A Leading Agri-food Company In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||3 Jul|
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)
Technician/ Associate Engineer - Electrical and Power Plant
A Leading Agri-food Company In The UAE
Electrical Engineer/Technician and Air Conditioning Technician
A Leading Communications Infrastructure Solutions Provider in UAE
Al Reem International Construction
|Abu Dhabi||7 Aug|