Job description / Role
The Field Engineer will be responsible for commissioning of variable speed drive s, Static Frequency controllers and Excitation systems and ongoing preventive maintenance, repairing. You will provide technical assistance and training to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.
As a Field Engineer, you will:
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Have the knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role.
- Willingness and ability to travel 70% of the time
- Willingness and ability to possess and maintain a valid driving license
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GEÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.