Job description / Role
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports daily work progress to the PPM/Duty Engineer
- Attains all refrigeration and A/C trouble reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority.
- Works closely with A/C & Refrigeration Technician/Foreman and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and follows maintenance programs as assigned
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his direct and indirect supervisor.
- Able to read Building, Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical drawings.
- Able to find faults and repair air-conditioning, refrigeration and building control systems.
- Good electrical and control knowledge.
- Good Knowledge of BMS systems.
- Experience of reciprocating Chillers and Air handling Units and cold rooms.
- Efficient at planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes
- Flexible team player - should be capable to work on own initiatives
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals as required
- Makes daily inspection tours to check all refrigeration equipment functioning properly.
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule programmes
- Daily HVAC-R log sheets to be filled and all required parameters to be recorded; including essential Kitchen Extraction systems
- Daily maintenance of swimming Pool heat/cool pumps
- Daily maintenance of Essential kitchen Refrigeration equipment; including cold rooms
- Attend to PPM of essential fire / smoke extraction systems
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor
- Ensures all necessary tools are in good working condition; keep their working place neat and clean.
- Participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Good all round practical trade skills including fabrication, installation and maintenance
- Secondary School + Technical colleague or equal
- Trade Certificates, City & Guild or equal
- Ability to supervise and Lead a team
- Ability to do Gas and Arch welding
- Good English command
- Post-Secondary graduate in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/ Commercial Projects. Luxury Hotels-Hotels-Hospitals experience preferred.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Field Support Engineer
QA QC Engineer
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC
RTC-1 Employment Services