Job description / Role
We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge, intriguing tidbits and great conversation over a well-crafted cocktail. We're a local home base, preparing our guests to explore the best our cities have to offer so they can go forth and discover!
The Engineering Team Leader is responsible assisting in successfully managing the Engineering team for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. The engineer must be able to work independently, as well as, with others. Responsibilities may include: Carrying out repairs on electrical, mechanical equipment, and maintenance works, maintaining all equipment in guest rooms, carrying out repairs on electrical, mechanical equipment, and maintenance works and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures, and working with vendors.
- Performing repairs of all furniture and furnishings, fabricating items to an acceptable standard;
- Carrying out painting related maintenance related to external and internal walls and all furniture
- Ensuring effective energy conservation measures in areas of operations
- Ensuring fire, life and safety systems are operational, performing related emergency procedures;
- Assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnosing malfunctions in systems and components and rectify defects;
- Reading and understanding control circuits to rectify electrical circuit faults and equipment;
- Training new team members.
- 2 years' experience as Team Leader/Supervisor role in an Engineering team, ideally in a Hotel.
- A relevant degree in Engineering or Facility Maintenance, or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Good language and communication skills in English.
- Capable to perform both operational and administrative tasks, projects and responsibilities.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Assistant Manager - Engineering
Facility Management Engineer
A Leading Group In UAE