Job description / Role
• Manages the delivery of Enterprise Architecture and IT strategy solutions to the business; ensures that business and technology are in alignment by linking the business mission, strategy, and processes to its technology strategy, and by documenting this using multiple architectural models or views.
• Sets-up the IT Enterprise Architecture function within the company and manages the building of the internal architectural capability (i.e. people, processes, knowledge and systems).
• Identifies opportunities for IT effectiveness and value management and provides technical expertise to analyze business, recommend and design the best technology systems to invest in ensuring return on investment (ROI).
• Leads the activities related to Enterprise Architecture for business and/or IT by applying current technologies, reference architectures, methodologies and frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, etc.).
• Minimizes complexity in IT systems (by involving techniques such as removing duplication, adopting multi-use systems), and provides a simple yet comprehensive IT landscape to the company.
• Outlines the technology systems architecture that will be needed to support ISA business strategy whilst covering all the technical aspects.
• Defines enterprise-wide architectures, focusing on mapping IT capabilities to business needs and services, outlines the technology systems architecture that will be needed and provides architecture guidance and leadership to business entities.
• Guides and supports engineers in identifying the product’s requirements, deriving the system architecture or functional design, identifying the risks associated with a design, and ensuring that the product meets all the customer’s requirements.
• Develops specific activities, processes and methods for defining or assessing IT strategy and fit-for-purpose IT solutions.
• Optimizes IT organizational design and systems (digital transformation area).
• Assists, validates and where possible finetunes the architectures presented and used by both the in-house and/or outsourced solutions.
• Builds effective relationships with clients, stakeholders and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow.
• Keeps up with the latest trends in technology and determines whether they would be the right fit for ISA.
• Keeps the dialogue with the leadership to integrate the best practices and guidelines.
• Prepares customized and ad-hoc reports and necessary analysis for the clients/end users and management as and when needed.
• Performs any additional duties as directed by the Line Manager/Head of Department.
• Bachelor degree in Technical Engineering/Computer Science/ IT or equivalent, Masters degree is preferred.
• TOGAF architecture certification is a must.
• Additional training courses or certificates related to training would be an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, business writing and reporting.
• Fluent in English Language.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Digital Solution Architect
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Cloud Solution Architect (Sr. Manager/Cloud Services)
Etisalat - UAE
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA