Entertainment Performer 2 - Animated Character (Short Term Limited Per
Job description / Role
DPR2232 - Entertainment Performer 2 – Animated Character (Short Term Limited Period)
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE™ Dubai – a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you’ll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You’ll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that’s so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story – whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to promote a positive guest experience by performing in an Entertainment Produced show or Meet & Greet as a costumed character or escort. Practices the service expectations linked to the DPR service model.
• Ability to perform in various shows in the park or outside it as per operational requirements. That performances will involve dancing, character performer and escorting.
• Responsible to follow directed performance guidelines and techniques established by Entertainment.
• Responsible for motivating and entertaining guests as directed by Entertainment Management.
• Accountable for following costume care guidelines in order to maintain the integrity of the performance and provides communication to management regarding costume issues or concerns.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
• Interface with DPR internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team.
Are you a star ?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Completed High School or higher or equivalent preferred
• Three years equivalent theme park, theatrical, cruise line.
• 1 year Experience with a professional theme park/theatre industry preferred; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Performing capabilities as a dancer, character, and /or character escort.
• Professionally trained Dancer
• Multiple year experience on a cruise ship show or land-based theatre- professional or theme park.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014