Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Western contractor with offices across the APAC region. They are looking to recruit an experienced Environmental Engineer for their head office in Abu Dhabi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist with preparation of project environmental plans, risk assessments, and ESTIDAMA/Green Building rating procedures and plans in coordination with Technical and MEP departments;
- To facilitate the implementation of Project E&S related plans and associated procedures;
- To facilitate the implementation of Project Emergency Response Plans;
- To establish and maintain an updated environmental legal register;
- To monitor all site activities in respect of legal and other E&S compliance, report identified issues and provide guidance / assistance as necessary;
- To ensure that all / any deficiencies identified during inspections are logged in E&S Issues Tracker for closure;
- To follow up and ensure closure of any non-compliances identified through Audit or inspection processes;
- To collate environmental & sustainability performance data needed to verify progress towards achievement of organization objectives and submit to Department Head when required;
- To facilitate generation and maintenance of E&S associated contemporary records;
- To participate in re-certification and surveillance audits conducted by Third-party certification body;
- To establish, implement and deliver Environmental & Sustainability training programs;
- To assist with the training and development of contractor and subcontractor HSE staff as required;
- To support the implementation of HSE incentive and disciplinary processes;
- To report all E&S related incidents to HSE Management;
- To investigate all Project E&S related incidents, ensuring the development and implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence, as required;
- Ensure requirements of ESTIDAMA Pearl Rating are met for assigned project;
- Maintain own LEED certification if required;
- To conduct evaluations of subcontractors / supplier Environmental & Sustainability compliance capabilities prior to contract awards;
- Cooperate with the company to enable compliance with the relevant statutory provisions;
- To review Tender Documents and develop E&S related documentation, scorecards and reports for Tender submissions.
- To support Projects in obtaining environmental permits and / or No Objection Certificates, as required.
- PQP Certified/ holding PBRS certificate
- Having a strong environmental and sustainability background
- Familiar with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System requirements
- Familiar with ESTIDAMA/ LEED, Green Building requirements
- Should have experience in construction industry/ building projects
- Candidate inside UAE and can join immediately will be preferred
Salary range 10-13k depending on experience
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Environmental Engineer (Grade A MMUP)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
HSE Engineer - High Rise
|Abu Dhabi||16 Aug|