Job description / Role
• The job holder is responsible to develop and manage EHS policy and procedure in compliance with national, international and local standards. He/she will also monitor and evaluate performance of assets, work environments in order to promote safe conditions and maintain records.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• Develop EHS Policy and Procedure required for the organisation.
• Assist the leadership, in development and coordination of plans, implements and coordinates programs to reduce and eliminate injuries, illnesses, deaths, environmental damage, and financial losses.
• Establish and maintain an EHS management system.
• Prepare Legal Register as applicable for all the Emirates.
• Maintain updated knowledge of UAE Fire code and safety and site EHS requirements as applicable in the areas of air quality, waste management, hazardous material, water quality, occupational health and safety etc.
• Conduct Risk Assessment of buildings and operations.
• Conduct security assessment for the site.
• Develop Contingency Plan including ERP, BCP and Disaster Recovery plan for the organisation up to individual site level.
• Lead safety-related teams including the Site Safety Committee, the Emergency Evacuation Team, and the First Aid Team.
• Plan and lead Fire Drills for all Sites and Corporate Offices.
• Prepare EHS Training plan based on gap analysis, legal, individual and site requirement.
• Schedule and conduct training, safety meetings, classes and facility inspections to relevant team members as per plan.
• Implementation of all EHS rules and regulations as required and planned.
• Maintain communication with all team members addressing safety procedures, EHS Alerts, status of corrective actions and all pertinent EHS information to reduce or eliminate occupational illness and injuries, accidents and financial losses.
• Coordinate equipment and building safety inspections in accordance with all current regulations.
• Coordinate all aspects of incident reporting and investigation processes.
• Conduct & document near-miss and accident investigations to develop solutions that prevent or minimize re-occurrence.
• Plan/participate/support strategic EHS initiatives and compliance workshops.
• Manage the company hazard communication program including maintaining the MSDS sheets on chemicals used in the facility.
• Review and approve new commodities and chemicals being used at facility.
• Maintain all required EHS documentation like - reports, work to improve safety metrics that are both proactive (such as number of Hazard ID’s, or Closed Safety Items) and reactive (such as near-misses, accidents, and lost-time incident rates); report any trends and recommendations to management.
• Coordinate EHS related response to customer, corporate, or regulatory agency audits and questionnaires.
• Evaluate training effectiveness of individual and improvement on site.
• Conduct or direct compliance evaluations of EHS program using established goals.
• Maintain records, reports, and documents required to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Monitor and take corrective action to ensure EHS performance as per the plan.
• Monitor key performance metrics and reporting process to monitor progress against goals.
• Communicate with the Line Mangers to discuss overall EHS performance.
• Propose areas of improvement along with full strategic plan.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
• Bachelor’s / Master's degree from an accredited institution in safety, environmental or a related field (NEBOSH preferred) or from an accredited institution in Science is preferred.
• Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills.
• Must have experience with Building Safety, Facility Management, Construction safety and Fire rating and Cladding.
• Must have carried out Risk Assessment at various platform.
• UAE Fire and Life Safety Code of Practice
• 10+ years of safety related experience and 5+ years of experience working with Facilities Management is preferred within UAE.
About the Company
Emirates National Investment (ENI) is a diverse regional development group with a wide range investment portfolio that includes real estate, construction, industry and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
Since establishment in 1999, ENI maintained a track record of double-digit annual growth rates through adhering to a sustainable long-term development strategy and the commitment to integrity, professionalism and innovation.
With selected teams of experienced professionals, ENI was able to capitalize on deep market knowledge and an international network of strategic partnerships to bridge the elements of ingenuity and innovation and to generate its unique business model in the United Arab Emirates, Gulf Cooperation Council, and the Middle East and North Africa region.
Through better understanding of the culture and the contribution to development plans of the countries where it operates, ENI maintains an excellent reputation as one of the leading and most trusted investment partners in the region, with the ability to identify and timely engage in high-growth sectors yielding generous rewards to its stakeholders and adding positive elements to the ambitious economic development plans.
Such solid foundations and sound business strategy guarantee the group excellent prospects in the future, whereas the quality and scale of ENI’s accomplishments will remain evidence to its commitment, efficiency and world-class standards.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Inspector - 1 Year Contract
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Head of Safety/ Manager
Occupational Health & Safety Expert (SME)
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
HSE Manager - Rail (Civil Works)
HSE Officer / Engineer (Oil & Gas)
Copperfield Business Consultancy