Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences.
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
Responsible for contributing to the operation of Catering Events and execution of Groups and Events handed over by Sales.
Responsible for adhering to the management standards and quality guidelines in the Department set by the Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare accurate administration reports submitted on time
- To use properly Opera Sales and Catering System for maximum performance.
- Prepare all administration documents required by the Groups & Events Team
- Attend to Telephone, Fax, email inquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinate Fam Trips and Site Inspections as required
- Attend Monthly & Weekly Sales Meetings
- Attend to all Events Department mail and maintain a correspondence database
- Assist with direct mail campaigns
- Maintain Filing systems (manual and electronic)
- Maintenance and management of database
- Assist with promotions where requested
- Organize Trade Shows, functions and exhibitions where applicable and advised by Superiors and carry out travel arrangements
- Assist with compilation of annual Groups & Events budgets, business plan and regular action plans
- Stock control of Groups & Events collaterals
- Coordinate and maintain supply of complimentary gifts and promotional items
- Work in line with business needs
- Is aware of the Credit Policy
- Is fully aware of Sofitel Standards
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- To keep constant update on the Data Base of customers in liaise with Groups & Events team.
- Good understanding of luxury market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Knowledge of sales skills and revenue management
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, independent and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sales position, preferably at an international 5 star hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Fluency in Arabic, written & spoken is an advantage
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.