Job description / Role
The Executive Assistant will have a broad set of responsibilities that range from supporting the Senior Leadership Team, to supporting the day-to-day operations of the larger School Leadership team .
This position requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Take notes at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- Screening telephone calls, enquirers and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of Seniority;
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the SLT;
- Organizing and attending meetings and taking dictation and minutes;
- Organising and facilitating meetings, workshops, and events involving the secondary schools' leadership team, ensuring accurate filing and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Identify, prepare, and compile necessary materials to ensure the SLT have the appropriate information for meetings, reports, presentations, and special projects.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining the SLT 's diary, managing e-mail, school communications, distributing minutes, organizing school events, and a range of further administrative responsibilities as required.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Liaise with internal administration and marketing (various) departments to create and implement projects.
- Ensure necessary records are maintained that can readily provide current, accurate and accessible information
- Provide senior level administrative support to the directors through the facilitation of communication on their behalf (follow-up with letters, memos, reports, e-mail, and telephone calls)
- Act as liaison between the directors and staff to ensure appropriate coordination and follow-up on day-to-day issues
- Provide coordination support to the Senior Management Team and academic staff
- Coordinate all logistics for Board meetings
- Assist in budget management and financial record-keeping, tracking expenses, reconciling accounts, and processing purchase requisition orders as needed.
- Own and improve existing processes that support the School Leadership team; and
- Support the SLT members with various ad-hoc projects and other administrative duties as needed.
We will be excited to hear from you if you
- Are a Graduate in any discipline, preferably Business Administration with a minimum of 5 years of professional administrative experience working effectively in a dynamic and in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in a school or an education sector in the UAE is preferred but not essential.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and have experience building interpersonal relationships with diverse audiences;
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Good technical understanding and should be able to grasp, understand & use various software & tools
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in writing business correspondence
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to take initiative to manage workflow and priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
About the Company
Fortes Education is made up of a caring and committed educators and innovators who seek to improve education in the UAE and Middle East region through the establishment of innovative schools and enlightened education programs that help students realise their potential.
We are able to deliver and accomplish our goals through a management team trained in education and business, a dedicated and large team of teachers, educators, and school administration staff, our research-based school curricula, achievement based educational systems, intensive professional development, extended learning programs, cutting world class educational facilities and cutting edge technologies.
Fortes has a strong leadership team that combines business and education expertise from around the globe. We work closely with the local government authorities to improve the standards of education and to make quality education more accessible to the broader community.