Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Job Family Definition
• Provides support, advice and services to Executive management (usually Board members or L1 Executives, in exceptional cases L2 Executives) in the planning and coordination processes with and beyond the Board Area as well as in the contact with customers, interested parties, and partners. Helps align business strategy and business processes.
Core tasks include:
• Designs, implements and delivers business/improvement programs
• Provides liaison, including management of strategic meetings, with key internal and external stakeholders
• Assist in strategic topics, including preparation of presentation and management documents
• Coordinates and executes cross-units projects and special tasks, in cooperation with other Board areas.
• Advises Executive management with respect to area of expertise.
• (This job family is NOT to be used for secretarial / PA positions. Incumbents may be referred to as 'Chief of Staff' in some organizations)
Career Level Description
• Responsible for delivery of outcome of assigned projects or areas of responsibility internally recognized senior on complex technical and business matters works on large, complex activities, using demonstrated creativity and expertise and applying specialist professional knowledge to deliver high quality results / technical solutions collaborates in devising long-term concepts may include team lead or supervisory responsibilities
• Contributes independently, resolves complex issues in own specialist area (e.g. cross-functional or cross-country projects)
• Works independently on topics while setting priorities having sole responsibility
• Provides regular project status and updates decisions/solutions can enhance essentially current and future design and strategy enhance complex systems & processes
• advanced technical or business skills and special knowledge in one / several areas individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations typically several years experience with increasing amount of responsibility) in Project Management: Depending on LoB, has an PMI, Six Sigma or equivalent certification if in Six Sigma has green belt
• Builds and maintains partnerships with internal and external customers and partners
• Contributes actively to build common ground for cooperation
• Communicates clear and conveying processes & policies in a way that others can understand
• Communicates relevant messages in a timely manner and with constructive feedback to cross functional colleagues & managers
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Executive Business Senior Assistant is responsible for providing business support, advising and servicing to Executive management (usually Board members or L1 Executives, in exceptional cases L2 Executives) in the planning and coordination processes with and beyond the Board Area as well as in the contact with customers, interested parties and partners.
Core tasks include:
• Preparation of presentations, conference calls and management documents
• Preparation of strategic meetings with key internal and external stakeholders
• Provide liaison between the key executives and employees
• Assisting in strategic topics
• Preparation of complex (activity/expense) reports, projects and documentation
• Coordination of cross-unit projects and special tasks as well as cooperation with other Board Areas
• Experience & Educational Requirements
Experience & Language Requirements
• At least 5 years administrative and business professional experience in fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Tools
• Experience with SAP internal Tools like Corporate Portal ISP, CSN
• English: Level 3: Fluent
• Language of the manager/team: Level 3: Fluent
• University degree in related field
• Post-graduate degree (e.g. MBA)
Job Specific Skills
• The skills are specified with a proficiency level ranging from 1-4 to reflect the different career levels and enable a smooth skill progression along the different levels.
SAP Core Competencies
• Innovative Thinking 2
• Customer Focus 3
• Business Acumen 3
• SAP Employee Competencies
• Self-Development 2
• Results-Driven 3
• Quality Focus 3
• Partner and Third Party Engagement 2
• Intercultural Sensitivity 3
• IT Principles and Data Security 2
• Communication 3
• Change Agility 2
• Challenge Complexity 2
• Time Management 3
• Project Management 2
• Priority setting 3
• Organization Effectiveness 3
• Office Tools 3
• Multitasking 2
• Internal Tools 2
• ISP and ILP 2
• Corporate Portal 2
• Knowledge of our internal incident-ticket system, how it works, the different components (both incident and service request management) and the different reports available 2
• CSS problem reporting and message handling 2
• Analytics Capabilities 2
• Ability to work independently 2
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.