Job description / Role
Executive Director- Chancellor Office
The Executive Director will provide an overall support for the operation of the chancellor office. The Executive Director will serve as a senior advisor to the chancellor and reports directly to the chancellor on a wide variety of administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives involving the chancellor’s office and its priorities. The Executive Director with the support of the Executive Assistant and Coordinator will coordinate the execution of the university-wide projects undertaken by the chancellor as well as handling questions, concerns, issues and requests on the chancellor’s behalf. Other important duties include:
• Helps to facilitate strategic management processes, provide expertise, and program management for specific strategic initiatives out of the chancellor’s office that are critical in meeting the university strategic planning goals. Responsible for interacting with colleagues across the university to ensure institutional alignment and synergy with the strategic plan.
• Interacts with members at all levels of the university community for the purpose of defining, advancing and assessing the work of the Office of the chancellor to ensure its continued effectiveness.
• Liaison to the University council on key executive matters as delegated by the chancellor. Works in collaboration with administration liaison to the council.
• Exercises considerable judgment in his/her capacity with the responsibility for analysing policy issues, identifying university-wide impacts and coordinating responses to the chancellor on strategies and alternatives for dealing with the issues.
• Coordinates and plays a lead role in government relations with the chancellor’s office and the university.
• Prepares and/or contributes to the preparation of reports, proposals, briefings, and presentations, responses on institutional and strategic issues.
• Assists the chancellor with correspondence dealing with issues and subject matter in ways that sometimes requires considerable sensitivity, discretion, judgment or negotiation.
• Builds and nurtures relationships to serve as a resource for the chancellor and point of contact as designated for key constituents to resolve complex issues and help move forward strategic priorities.
• Participates in key meetings with faculty, administrators, and others as needed and delegated. Accurately represents the chancellor's position in internal meetings and discussions to help drive understanding and move decision-making forward.
• Facilitate needs of senior staff to raise critical issues with the chancellor and receive needed responses, guidance and decisions.
• At the direction of the chancellor, assists in all aspects of university administration.
• Handles and directs special projects as assigned by the chancellor.
• Other duties as assigned by the chancellor.
Education & Experience Required:
• 10+ years of experience working in complex organizational environments, preferably higher education, consultancy and major management firms.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience influencing and working closely with executive level leaders.
• Proven track record of developing effective partnerships across disparate groups to organize and facilitate decisions and ensure implementation.
• Experience with government relations and external relations.
• Experience balancing strategic leadership with detailed involvement in support of accountabilities.
• Exceptional written, presentation and verbal communication skills that can be applied across levels.
• Excellent demonstrated judgment and diplomacy in working with diverse groups to address complex issues.
• Highly regarded people management skills.
• Unquestioned integrity.
• BA/BS required.
• Knowledge in Higher Education is preferable
• Project Management Experience, preferably PMP certified.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• Successful candidate will have experience making independent judgments; ability to coordinate office detail in conjunction with policy; proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive materials and situations.
• Ability to master a wide range of relationships, tasks, and perspectives required; increasing responsibility working with higher education executives at an academic institution is preferred. Must have exceptional organizational and analytical skill; demonstrate strong problem-solving skills; be competent in a variety of Windows-based computer programs including MS Word and Excel.
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.