Job description / Role
Key member of the MMJS TP team, supporting the TP Director in building a TP practice spanning the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific regions. Perform all activities relevant to supporting the TP practice in MMJS including involvement in a variety of TP assignments and tasks
• Prepare TP information requests and participate in functional analyses discussions;
• Perform different types of financial and economic analyses, industry/market and rates research;
• Perform TP benchmarking independently through use of database(s), specifically:
• Understand client business activities;
• Identify relevant industry codes and keywords for search(es);
• Define and apply appropriate quantitative/qualitative filters;
• Perform manual review of comparables through external research; and
• Identify the final comparables set and margins.
• Prepare TP documentation (master and local files) according to country specific requirements;
• Draft various TP/tax advisory deliverables such as advice, reports and other technical correspondence;
• Monitor developments around TP laws in the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions and maintain a database of the same;
• Perform tax/technical research and other assistance as needed from time to time.
• Monitor/liaise with members of MMJS India team as needed on projects
• Monitor own time and keep engagement manager/director informed of project progress and timelines
C. Business development
• Independently research and identify prospects
• Draft pitch presentations, proposals
• Develop marketing materials e.g. flyers, brochures etc.
• Provide support for and participate in events - assist in developing materials, presentations as well as logistics
• Research and draft technical content for articles, publications etc.
D. Learning & Development
• Identify own learning needs – request assistance needed
• Assist in developing internal/external training content
E. Practice management
• Organise and keep track of information relating to the TP practice electronically/physically
• Prepare periodic status reports on proposals, clients, service providers etc. as needed for management
• Liaise with database providers, monitor database usage, identify relevant database modules or offerings relevant to the TP practice
• Liaise with other service providers and network firms for comparability searches, other advice etc.
F. Client relationship
• Be involved in developing client relationships, accompany manager/director to client/pitch meetings
• Maintain and update client/prospect information database
• Strong academic credentials – CA/CFA/MBA preferred
• Tax/TP technical knowledge (preferred)
• Experience/ability to work on TP databases (an advantage)
• Independent thinker with entrepreneurial mindset
• Problem solving, strong verbal/written communication skills
• Quantitative skills and capability for financial analysis
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Manages own time, ability to handle stress and put in long hours if required
• Open to travel requirements
About the Company
MMJS is a consulting firm that is focused on adding value to its clients business through Tax, Technology and Management Consulting. Strategically located in Bahrain, Oman, UAE, Kuwait and KSA to support clients across GCC.. Having served 300+ clients, MMJS has acquired the trust of many multi-national and Government clients through uncompromising quality of work. MMJS Consulting is a Kreston Menon Group entity which is part of the globally renowned Kreston International group.
Our VAT leadership and the team consists of experienced, passionate and ambitious staff who have VAT implementation, Advisory, Compliance and VAT Audit experience across various industries in Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and the Far East. The team is competent to provide an end-to-end solution in relation to VAT in GCC countries.