Job description / Role
This is a 1 year contract for Expo 2020 in Dubai, starting 5th April 2020. Please read the candidate profile section fully - if you do not meet this criteria, we unfortunately cannot consider your application.
The role of the Guest Service Deputy Zone Manager is to assist in the development and implementation of operational planning, particularly with crowd management.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the zone plans in regards to crowd management, evacuation and welcome services for Expo 2020.
• Develop host and volunteer operations for the assigned zone.
• Develop crowd, queue and pedestrian flow management for the zone.
• Assist with the zonal design, production, training, testing and implementation of evacuation and crowd management plans.
• Support with staff and volunteer training
• Signage and wayfinding plans
• Procurement and onboarding of Hosts
Once the planning phase is completed, you will move into an operational role which will include responsibilities such as:
• Deliver briefings/debriefings at a Supervisory level for up to 40 people
• Assess and mitigate any crowd safety issues
• Liaise with Venue Operations to deliver strategic responses to visitor related incidents
• Align with other areas, including Accreditation, Venue Management, Ticketing and Security to ensure operational plans are aligned and well coordinated.
• Support with crowd and queue management and crowd engagement.
AED 11,000 to 14,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: 20 days holiday (pro rata), discretionary bonus
• Currently residing in the UAE (visit visa, spouse visa or residence visa) - Essential
• Available to start 5th April 2020 until 15th April 2021 - Essential
• Degree educated - Essential
• Fluent in English - Essential
• Four years experience within major events (Olympics, Games, Expos, Festivals etc) - Essential
• Four years experience working with large scale visitors/crowds - Essential
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, eg Excel - Essential
About the Company
We were the senior leadership team of the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) that planned, delivered and operated the London 2012 Venues and Olympic Park.
In 2013, Trivandi was set up to share our knowledge and expertise in venues and mega events, providing strategic consulting, assurance and implementation services. By building trust and leveraging great relationships, we have delivered in over 21 countries around the world.
“We bring events and venues to life by creating and delivering spectacular visitor experiences”