Job description / Role
• Coordinate with the Customs Clearance Department to fulfill the requirements to clear the shipments.
• Work closely with colleagues to fulfill the required tasks and develop the business in the most appropriate way.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform and implement all custom clearance activities such as following upcoming shipment, documents transactions and day-to-day related activities in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures
• Participating in implementing the anticipated plans and programs as per the set goals to ensure internal work development and productivity increase.
• Participating in the development of the Custom Clearance Department's work plan and preparing work schedules and expediting work flow to improve efficiency of the Custom Clearance Department.
• Suggesting plans and programs that strive to improve the effectiveness of the Custom Clearance Department
• Following up with Operation department and Clients for reception of complete set of shipping documents for customs clearance purposes and ensure its compliance with Dubai Customs regulations and exemption lists requirements.
• Following up with the Freight Forwarders, couriers and shipping lines for freight quotations and price lists for inbound and outbound shipments.
• Coordinating with the Warehouse to ensure that copy of shipping documents has been forwarded to the warehouse for proper receiving.
• Follow up shipments and documents with the freight forwarders and shipping lines.
• Following up with the transporter(s) to ensure on time & complete delivery of cleared shipments keeping records of all demurrages, detentions, etc. and follow up with the concerned buyers for settlements and implements preventive actions to avoid customs penalties.
• Examining invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
• Preparing periodic reports with respect to Custom Clearance Department's activities and achievements to be submitted to the Regional Manager.
• Must know how to prepare and confirmed all import permits required for certain authorities such as Media, MOH, Dubai Municipality & Environment & Ministry of Health & Safety plus any and all import custom exemption documents, formats and formalities.
• Verify the delivery of imported product, once cleared, from the sea/air port to our designated plants and/or warehouses.
• Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
• Bachelor Degree / Higher Diploma
• Ability to make decisions without direct supervision, and must be accurate, efficient and capable of handling detailed work assignments.
• Practical experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Maintain respect at all times for confidential information.
• Proven ability to work independently and self-motivated; also work cooperatively with other personnel.
About the Company
Compass Ocean Logistics is an International Freight Forwarding & Logistics Company, based in Dubai, UAE. The focus is on delivering innovative logistics solutions to meet the demands of the growing International Trade & Commerce Industry.
As an emerging Logistics market specialist we are one of the region's leading independent service providers. The Compass Group prides itself on offering clients quick, economically viable and quality services that are unrivalled in the whole region.
We have our offices spread across the GCC in the UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar. Additionally we have an office in Lebanon too. We also have offices in the Indian Sub-Continent head-quartered in Bangalore, with branches in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. Our service partners are spread across the globe, covering the USA, Canada, Europe, China, South East Asia etc.