Job description / Role
Play Your Part
- Responsible for the assigned Food & Beverage locations.
- Performs a variety of duties related to food production, preparation, cleaning, service and cash handling; maintains F&B outlets in a safe, clean and orderly manner while meeting LEGOLAND Hotel and Dubai Municipality guidelines.
- Guest Services: Must understand and meet all guest expectations and have the ability to communicate. Must maintain high service standards with children as a primary focus. Needs to serve all guests in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. Needs to work with other team members to provide a positive guest experience.
- Food Quality: Must have working knowledge of product specifications on the cooks' line. Be aware of the value of high quality, fresh food products. Ability to effectively display and prepare a high quality product for the guest. Maintain proper taste, temperature, and appearance of all food items.
- Sanitation and Cleanliness: All staff must follow the LEGOLAND policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Food Safety: Will learn and be continually tested on the proper HACCP guidelines, corporate policies and local government policies.
- Cash Handling: Must be able to operate a computerized cash register and display basic math skills. Will take full responsibility for all funds and cash handled.
- Work Environment: Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment with extreme temperature changes in certain restaurants. Must be able to work in an outdoor, year-round environment with exposure to a variety of changing weather conditions.
- Uniforms and Grooming: Must follow all policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND.
- Scheduling: All staff must be able to work during peak times, including weekends, holidays, and special occasions. Must be flexible to work shorter or longer hours due to business volume.
Health & Safety
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
- To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You A Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Must be able to pass a Food Handler Test and meet local requirements.
- One year of experience within a customer or guest service related field is preferred.
- Experience in food production and/ or food preparation is preferred.
- Knowledge of cash handling, inventory handling, and of point of sale (register) systems is helpful.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Self motivated and demonstrated initiative.
- Dedicated to providing outstanding guest service.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site and to interact with guests and other employees.
- Ability to lift and move up to 12kg, and in some cases to do so repetitively.
- Ability to lift and move up to 12kg over your head occasionally.
- Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations.
- Must conform to park wardrobe and grooming guidelines.
- Communication skills written and verbal required
- Team Player
- Basic knowledge of Beverages
- Sales Oriented
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Inventory control
- Customer Service
The Best Part Of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Bell Attendant - LEGOLAND Hotel
Dubai Parks and Resorts
HR & Admin Assistant
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Executive Assistant/Personal Secretary - CEO
Right Calibre Executive Search