Job description / Role
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To work together with the support of colleagues and superiors to create a luxurious and professional F&B experience for our guests. To remain motivated, efficient and guest centric to help the department and the hotel meet goals and objectives. To ensure absolute guest satisfaction and adhere to consistent standards under the supervision and guidance of the Outlet Leaders.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill the expectations of the Outlet Leaders in regards to discipline, grooming standards and punctuality
- Have a strong understanding of all LQA standards and ensure they are respected during the operation at all times
- Follow the LQA and Outlet service standards, whilst working to maximum efficiency to ensure a smooth operation, guest satisfaction and Service Excellence
- Must have strong F&B and menu knowledge in order to describe the dishes and advice our guests accordingly through actively studying the menus and taking part in trainings and monthly quizzes
- To have a strong understanding of all allergens and dietary requirements and follow the SOP for guest allergies strictly
- Have full knowledge of the bar operation, including but not exclusive to Beverages ensuring a high-quality standard of production following the recipes with Hotel's standard beverage manual
- Must be able to set up bar at the start of opening, preparing mise en place including ice, glassware, juices etc.
- Perform all opening, closing and side duties and complete the required checklists
- Must to able to prepare and pick up the requisitions required for the daily operation
- Support fellow colleagues within the Outlet where and when required in order to ensure a seamless experience for our guests.
- Recognize and acknowledge all our regular and VIP guests and their preferences and anticipate accordingly.
- Update Outlet Leaders on guest's preferences obtained during the first in order for them to be updated (in Opera for In House guests) and share the information with team members
- Conduct regular quality checks to ensure guests satisfaction levels, thereafter handling feedback in a correct and professional manner and reporting any issues directly to the Outlet Leaders
- Follow the process of escalation by immediately reporting any complaints, incidents, guest issues or any other challenges to the Outlet Leaders
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly beverage inventory ensuing minimal discrepancies by following the Outlet standards in terms of tracking requisitions, transfer forms, spoilage reports etc. and communicating any concerns to the Outlet Leader
- Support the Team to conduct monthly equipment inventories to ensure a standard stock of all essential materials and equipment and report any discrepancies to the Outlet Leaders
- Ensure proper segregation of the waste management are applied at all time as part of the planet 21 initiative
- Help minimize waste, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- To assist the Outlet Leaders in liaising with other departments such as Housekeeping, Stewarding and Engineering to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance is maintained at all times, including the upkeep of the records with the respective departments.
- Ensure the outlet is clean, tidy and clearance is completed quickly to maintain a hygienic and tidy outlet and workplace following a 'clean as you go'
- Maintain the ALL SAFE standards throughout the department and ensure all safety and hygiene procedures are strictly followed
- Have good knowledge of our outlet goals and use skills such as upselling to assist in reaching the targets
- Actively contribute to strong communication within the team, both verbally and in the team WhatsApp group
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and other hotel services in order to advise all guests accordingly
- Follow up with all necessary departmental paperwork, side duties and meet any deadlines punctually as set by the Outlet Leaders
- Ensure that outlet logbooks, files, tracking sheets and other financial reports are being kept up to date to ensure accurate tracking is followed at all times
- Attend trainings conducted by the Outlet Leaders, Departmental Trainer and the HR department with enthusiasm and demonstrate a desire to learn
- Able to account and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper accounting procedures
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations within peak times when needed, and do so with willingness and positivity
- To maintain a positive and motivated attitude at all times during the work place
- Must be able to work in the heat and maintain a positive, energetic and motivated personality and professional attitude
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- A hardworking attitude who is ready to complete all duties, responsibilities and additional tasks set by the Outlet Leaders with positivity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must always have a friendly attitude, develop strong working relationships with all colleagues and Leaders, demonstrating respect and understanding
- Use professional verbal language and body language at all times
- Hospitality Studies is preferable
- Strong reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- A second foreign language is a plus
- Accredited beverage courses a plus
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within Food & Beverage Bar (Pool and Beach Bar will be a plus)
- Experience in 5* luxury hospitality
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.