Job description / Role
F&B Supervisor - THE8 HOTEL
As a Food and Beverage Supervisor you are responsible to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and ensure only the highest quality products are being served. Establishes rapport with guests to build guest loyalty and gather constructive feedback to ensure satisfaction of every individual guest. Also to handle daily operation during manager absent including team member relations, and encourage problem solving by team members through proper training and empowerment.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Always greet and welcome guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner.
- Always thank and give fond farewell to guests conveying anticipation for their next visit.
- Assist guest with table reservation.
- Assist guest while seating.
- Ensure guest are serviced within specified time.
- Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
- Speak with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections.
- Able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
- Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm.
- Serve food courses and beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Record transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Check with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
- Responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift.
- Reviews order dockets ensuring accurate and timely preparations for order requirements accordingly.
- Present accurate final bill to guest and process payment.
- Perform shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements.
- Ensures that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house areas.
- Ensures that hotel brand standards and SOP's are consistently implemented.
- Work with fellow staffs and manager to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
- Completes the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff.
- Any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the manager.
- Assist Assistant Manager/Manager in conducting daily shift briefings to update and disseminate relevant information to colleagues
- Help minimize waste, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Good command in both spoken and written English.
- Should have pleasing personality.
- Excellent guest service skill.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurants service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team effectively and productively
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Food & Beverage Supervisor (All Day Dining)
Supervisor Restaurant (F&B)
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Food & Beverage Supervisor
RTC-1 Employment Services