Job description / Role
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in metal-working.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
About the Company
STYRO is a leading integrated producer of Expanded polystyrene (EPS) offering solutions and services to customers in a variety of markets throughout the UAE and emerging markets.
STYRO Ltd. (STYRO Insulation Material Industries LLC) was established in the Millennium year 2000. For more than 15 years now, Styro has supported the market in different fields and services mainly Insulation, Construction, Decoration and Packaging. The manufactured product at our factory is Styro Expanded polystyrene foam, where others call it with different names like Styrofoam in USA, Thermocol in India and Pakistan, STYROPOR in Germany and some parts of Europe. As a factory based in UAE, we are also suppliers and dealers of other products like, Extruded polystyrene (XPS), Polyurethane / Polyisocynurate, Rockwool, Glass Wool and Geo-textile. Through the years, STYRO Ltd. became more than a Manufacturer of Expanded Polystyrene, but as a one stop full solution house servicing most sectors in GCC starting from UAE Cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and the northern Emirates reaching the neighboring cities like Muscat- Oman and Doha-Qatar, nevertheless our boundaries are unlimited in the Middle East.