Job description / Role
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using callipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Lead labours at site projects as needed
- Work as carpenter/steel fabrication/ carpentry/ painting decoration if needed
- Should be multitasking and work in all fields as required by the manager
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in metal-working.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus.
About the Company
STYRO Insulation Mat. Ind. L.L.C was founded in 2000, producing and installing complete Expanded Polystyrene Solutions in the UAE and MENA region. It is therefore considered the number one EPS manufacturer in the region as the market leader and main supplier of all EPS products.
STYRO is present heavily all over the UAE and Oman and GCC with plans to expand further in the region to reach all MENA region. We currently run two plants with a total surface area of 44,000 m^2, where approximately 250 technicians and workers are employed full time. We have a strong focused vision on sustainable growth and constant stability. We are achieving that by improving our business with continuous technical research and support through our Customer Service and R&D teams.
Our hand-picked staff ranges between engineers, experienced sales executives, vibrant marketing team and best customer service representatives who are all focused on satisfying our client's needs and provide the best pre/post-sales service experience possible to our valued customers.
Quest Search & Selection
Quality Control Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
KYB Middle East
Supply Chain Executive
Petrochem Middle East