Job description / Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• To effectively coordinate and manage the technical and operational deliverables particularly during the transition and handover phases of all close out deliverable documentation.
• Coordinate the operational aspects of all properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of property asset.
• Implement facilities management plan including bespoke energy management plan.
• In conjunction with Security and HSE teams implement and monitor hazard control and team safety practices, ensure compliance with local codes and regulation.
• Organize and manage any operations audit of the property.
• Ensure effectiveness of implementation of preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
• Monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements and submit action plan and recommendation.
• Coordinate technical services inputs into life cycle and budgetary processes.
• Implementing facilities management policies and procedures within the facilities management department and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures by facilities management service providers.
• Manage the facilities management service providers through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
• Evaluate and put forward a recommendation on the performance of the facilities management service providers.
• Implement strategic facilities management service provider plan and to ensure facilities management service provider compliance to KPI’s service level agreement.
• Initiate proactiveness and innovations.
• Ensure compliance with local codes, regulations and statutory requirements
• Monitor performance of facilities management service providers and take necessary action to assure the performance up to maximum standards.
• Performs any other relevant task as directed by Facilities Manager or Head of Faculties management.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Basic proficiency in Fostering Team Work:
- As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
• Basic proficiency in Influencing Others:
- The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
• Basic proficiency in Conceptual Thinking:
- Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
• Basic proficiency in Customer Orientation:
- Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
• Basic proficiency in Personal Accountability:
- Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the organization.
• Mental Agility:
- Understands the relationship between data variables and then diagnoses situations or problems.
- Identifies the cause and effect relationship between two sets of data.
- Looks at a variety of dimensions in the data (e.g., averages, frequencies, etc.) to enhance analysis of outcomes.
- Notices when a current situation is similar to a past situation, and identifies the similarities
• Drives Results:
- Demonstrates enthusiasm around achieving results and consistently reaches outcomes on time, on budget and without errors.
- Expresses constructive suggestions about performance problems in the process and escalates if required.
- Takes responsibility to ensure that the quality of products, services, or concepts meets the expectations of internal and external customers.
• Drives Performance:
- Provides clear direction, delegates responsibility and sets performance expectations for others’ behavior and approach to getting the job done.
- Clarifies why performance expectations are important for business objectives.
- Tactfully communicates issues that need to be said, such as pointing out unmet responsibilities of others.
- Says no to unreasonable requests and expectations even when this is uncomfortable.
- Keeps an open mind and maintains professionalism when dealing with changing circumstances and priorities.
- Deals well with ambiguity; does not need a road map to move forward.
- Adapts own approaches and behavior if the change process so requires.
- Expresses positive feelings about the change progress and results. Constructively challenges in order to better understand ‘the why’.
- Responds quickly to a change in priorities.
Facilities Management job family technical competencies:
• Proficient in Inspection:
- Undertake building inspections at stages of work in progress in order to assess compliance with building legislation.
- Demonstrate the ability to observe, assess and take authoritative action in respect of contraventions of building legislation on site.
• Proficient in Facilities Operations, Maintenance and Engineering:
- Demonstrate ability and a working level knowledge required for operating and maintaining HVAC systems as well as electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to general building Maintenance.
- Knowledge of current practices and data used in delivering facility maintenance and engineering services including property; grounds care; housekeeping/custodial services; furniture fixtures, and equipment care.
• Proficient in Engineering surveying:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles of construction setting out, deformation and as-built surveys.
- Be fully conversant with all forms of construction drawings, plans and surveys.
- Apply subject matter expertise on site and be aware of safety, site management procedures and civil engineering/structural principles.
- Plan, specify and give reasoned advice on engineering surveys; define and assess accuracies and tolerances; manage the engineering surveying element in large projects; and understand the principles of good engineering practice.
• Proficient in Due Diligence:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the techniques used for cost, quality and time-related forensic examinations in your area of practice.
- Provide evidence of reasoned advice and report to stakeholders on cost, quality and time-related forensic examinations in area of practice.
• Proficient in Risk Assessment:
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the nature of risk and, in particular, of the risks associated with your area of business/practice. Apply your knowledge to carry out risk assessments taking into account all relevant factors.
- Understand the application of the various methods and techniques used to measure risk.
• Proficient in Safety:
- Understanding of the fundamentals of building codes/regulations including safety and security protocols.
- Ability to formulate and articulate risk management plans including emergency preparedness and fire and life safety systems as they relate to tenants and employees per guidelines as well as required by law.
• Proficient in Contract Management:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the contractual, legislative, and statutory terminology/requirements of a site construction contract.
- Advise on the administrative procedures necessary for the smooth running of an engagement contract including document control techniques and systems, meetings and reporting procedures.
AED 40,000 to 45,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 5 to 8 years of professional experience with at least 2 to 3 years in residential, commercial and industrial facilities management.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and/or Experience
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical or Civil Engineering.
Language Skills, English/Arabic
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
About the Company
PARKER CONNECT is the fastest growing Management Consultancy in the Middle East. We provide world class services such as Executive Search and Consultancy through our centrally located office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Ever since starting operations, the organization has witnessed rapid growth purely achieved through firm business relations and quality service delivery. Our market knowledge in the region put together with quality consultants and excellent infrastructure has enabled us to build a strong portfolio of clients which include MNC’s and local firms.
Facility Management Engineer
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jul|
Senior Facilities Manager
Power Group of Companies
Operations Manager - Facilities Management
Project Engineer - Construction