Job description / Role
The Individual is responsible for overseeing all installation, repair and upkeep operations of Alpha’s facilities as well as the day to day running of the laundry operations.
• 24/7 management of the maintenance and laundry functions for the business
• Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations.
• Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
• Maintain all machinery to ensure it’s at working standards.
• Create and implement maintenance procedures.
• Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
• Plan and manage all repair and installation activities.
• Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
• Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
• Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
• Oversee equipment stock and place orders for new supplies when necessary.
• Uses technical knowledge to develop relevant business cases for new equipment, when justified for cost reduction, new business, diversification or repair and replacement
• Is responsible for developing the business continuity plan, in regards plant, utilities and overall site risk
• Ensures that preventative and reactive operations are sufficient as to always provide a minimum of 95% reliability
• Contributes to the financial budget planning by providing data that is specific and relevant to the operational costs related to FM
• Uses his experience and budgetary skills to contribute to the development of the CAPEX for the following year
• Uses industry and supplier base knowledge to gather relevant quotation relevant to tender processes that lead to the optimum selection of contractors or suppliers.
• Responsible for the training of the staff under his leadership and regular and systemic review program to ensure all staff are aware and fully skilled in their area of deployment
• Responsible for the recruitment of staff within his departments, and the development of succession planning for the team
• Makes appropriate business cases as and when capacity of plant or equipment reaches or exceeds 70% as to avoid business growth risk
• Measures actual repair and maintenance (R &M) expenditure and reports the weekly performance against the budget
• Is aware of local and federal regulations in regards plant and equipment maintenance and operating procedures and is responsible for ensuring site compliance
• Leads, coaches and supports the supervisors to ensure optimum day to day performance when measured against the KPI’s.
• Is customer facing, and agrees internal supplier performance KPI’s with his peer group
• Takes a lead role where the site is under an emergency state, through fire or chemical spillage, power shutdown and is fully engaged with emergency service throughout
• Prepares and generates all relevant technical specifications and scopes of work relating to supply of equipment and services for the business.
• Is responsible for the effective operations of the work permit program, ensuring that all 3rd party employees are safe, and that all safety measures are applied
• Ensures that all plant and equipment is measured for its reliability and capacity, and that such measures are reported as weekly KPI’
• Implement & monitor company HSE policies at all times.
AED 22,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Health Insurance, Annual Tickets , Performance Based Bonus
• Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
• 5 years FM management experience in a catering facility or equivalent
• Experience in laundry operation is optional
• Experience in handling government bodies, such as Sharjah or Dubai Municipality
• Able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and strategic management
• Experience of management of RFQ and selection of contractor and suppliers
• Previous project management experience, with evidence of financial responsibility to 1 million Dhs contract value
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mall Facility Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Facilities Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Operations Manager (FM Sector)
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jan|
|Abu Dhabi||27 Dec|
Operations Director - Facility Management