Faculty - Aeronautical Engineering
Job description / Role
• A minimum of 3 years of teaching/instruction/training experience at a tertiary level, preferably in the areas of Military Aviation Operations or Air Defence Operations.
• At least 3 years of relevant industrial experience in the core discipline
• Must be able to provide instruction at various levels within the program areas
• Possess specialist knowledge and proven ability to operate specialist equipment and use discipline- specific software
• Have effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
• A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
• Have current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues
• Demonstrate the ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment
• Overseas teaching/training experience to non-native English speakers is desirable
• PhD in a relevant discipline as appropriate
• A Master's Degree in an Aviation discipline including Aviation Science, Aviation Operations
• A Bachelor's Degree may be considered for candidates sufficient flying hours Fix wings (fighter as well as transport aircrafts) and rotary wing aircrafts.
• Appropriate academic professional qualifications as required
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Fluency in spoken and written Arabic is a plus
About the Company
The Centre of Excellence for Applied Research & Training (CERT) is the commercial, research and training arm of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), which is the largest higher education institution in the United Arab Emirates.
Since its foundation in 1996, CERT has been at the forefront of national development, through life-long learning and technology solutions that deliver value for leading organizations in the UAE and the region. It is uniquely positioned at the intersection of academia, industry, and government, offering integrated solutions that contribute to industry competitiveness and government excellence.