Job description / Role
The Faculty Professional Development Unit (FPDU) is located within the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU). The Coordinator of the FPDU will develop and oversee the implementation of a program of training for UAEU faculty, instructors, and teaching assistants across the full range of course modalities and teaching pedagogies and will lead supporting the individual faculty on the choice of teaching format and on continuous improvement of their teaching in a variety of formats and modalities.
Duties include developing, planning and implementing faculty development programs that educate faculty on teaching, learning, educational technology, and assessment best practices as well as assisting in providing mentoring and individualized development plans for teaching effectiveness at all faculty levels.
Candidates for this position must have a at least a master's degree in education. At least 3 years of higher education experience in faculty development. Knowledge of AACSB, WASC and ABET accreditation requirements as it applies to faculty development expectations preferred.
Experience with delivering training/instruction in a variety of formats (face-to-face, online, written, etc.). In-depth knowledge of adult learning theory, educational technology, instructional approaches and assessment techniques preferred. Knowledge of educational best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Manage a team of faculty development specialists who will conduct training and provide teaching support for new and returning faculty.
- Design, develop and deliver trainings, workshops and courses for faculty. Also develop self-serve materials with targeted teaching tips.
- Meet with new faculty to assess which format for online learning best meets their pedagogical goals.
- Design and oversee peer evaluation and mentoring of teaching.
- Collaborate on research projects designed to assess quality, improve teaching practices or other topics that can improve online teaching and learning at UAEU.
- At least a Master's degree in education or related field
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience
- Experience in faculty development, course design, or other related field
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple forms of digital teaching and learning
- Demonstrated experience in learning technologies
- Ability to form strong, collaborative partnerships with faculty members
- Teaching experience preferred
- Fluent in both English and Arabic, would be an advantage
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an FPD program for UAEU faculty, instructors, and teaching assistants.
- Lead a team that implements of a peer evaluation of teaching process.
- Lead training and onboarding of new faculty members and instructors
- Work closely with the CETL team to support faculty teaching practice
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||6 Apr|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||7 Mar|
Learning and Organizational Development Manager
|Abu Dhabi||20 May|