Job description / Role
Based in Dubai with our Head Office in Leicester, England, we are the largest supplier of Art & Craft Materials to schools in the UK and to international schools across the world. Our main sales channel is mail order but we also sell increasingly via the web. Due to successful sales in Dubai we now need to increase our face-to-face sales activity. In Dubai we sell to education via our two main brands, Specialist Crafts Ltd & Heart Educational Supplies and also partner with other suppliers to sell their products.
This is an account development role, it will focus on visiting education establishments and is key in the next phase of our sales growth. The position is term time only and will ideally suit a parent with child responsibilities in school holidays.
We are looking for a high caliber Field Sales Representative who is also numerate, organized and able to generate, interpret and use data to plan.
Based from the Dubai office. You will have the freedom to contribute to the development of this role in conjunction with the General Manager. Initially a full training programme will be provided to introduce you to the company, its products and markets. You will be expected to travel to the UK from time to time for training.
We expect your role to be:
- Analyze the customers’ potential and create and develop your own call plan for business growth to meet sales targets
- Develop existing customers and gain business from new customers by generating targeted appointments and visiting approximately 4 to 5 customers per day
- Continually develop product knowledge and use this to sell effectively, be hands on and able to demonstrate key lines and promote new products
- Understand our competitors’ product/service offering to be able to offer competitive solutions
- Attend and assist in our exhibition programme across the UAE
- Develop trust with customers through a relationship-based approach
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Dubai sales office and bring other colleagues and departments in the UK on board to ensure sales goals are achieved
- Understand the company’s systems, procedures and capabilities and contribute to their evolution by feeding back information to ensure the company remains ahead of competitors
- Report updates to customer contact details
- Report sales trends, monitor competitor activity and assist in the evaluation and development of sales campaigns
- Computer literate
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office (email & excel)
- Your own car and a full clean driving license
- Educated to A Level Standard as a minimum
- A qualification in Art while helpful is not essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Internal staff
- English must be your first language
- Self starter, determined, flexible and able to work individually and as part of a team
- Structured approach to planning and outcomes
- High level of numeracy
- Responsive, persistent and polite with customers
- Positive, enthusiastic outlook
- Self Motivated and able to take the initiative
- Able to take responsibility to deliver the best service to our customers.
- Being professional and knowledgeable of the services and products offered
- Recent previous Field Sales experience in a business to business environment. However a strong an tenacious personality may just be enough!
- Knowledge of arts and crafts an advantage
About the Company
We supply premium creative education brands to schools and the general public.
Our warehouse and trade shop in Al Quoz, Dubai is open to everyone stocking over 6,000 creative products!
Business Development Executive
Irwin & Dow
Customer Service Representative
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)
Key Account Manager
The Recruitment Tree
Sales Executive - Two Wheelers
Viva HR Consultants