Job description / Role
We are currently assisting a leading international law firm in their search for an Finance Assistant for their Dubai office. This is an opportunity for an intermediate to senior level Accounting Assistant to join a global law firm in the heart of the DIFC in a 12 month contract.
Our client's Dubai office is a team of professionals hailing from all corners of the globe. Each member of this team contributes to a good balance of collegiate, commercial, friendly and relaxed culture.
The role of Finance Assistant will report to the Regional Finance & Operations Manager and assist in the areas of Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and daily accounting tasks.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with administration staff and clients to manage billing matters
• Assisting with WIP, AR, and billing reports
• Processing write-offs, bill reversals, and printing of invoices
• Debt recovery
• Process vendor invoices, expenses, preparation of cheques, and inter-office disbursements
• Process salaries and related documents
• Assist with tax return issues
• Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Finance Manager.
• Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
• Experience working in Accounting, with at least 1 year of experience within a law firm and/or professional services is required;
• Experience using legal accounting system such as Aderant Expert billing support and exposure to credit control is ideal but not essential;
• Experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and process improvements;
• Excellent Excel skills with a high level of attention to detail;
• A mature-minded and driven work approach; and
• A team player.
About the Company
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based business providing recruitment solutions from a global perspective. Drawing on our networks throughout Australia, the Middle East and the UK we are able to utilise our extensive experience recruiting locally within each region as well as facilitating international moves when the need arises.
Our experience spans small boutiques right through to mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. We recruit across a broad range of roles including:
Lawyer Paralegal Legal Secretary EA/PA HR Administration/Office Support
Please note, applicants are advised only to apply to Barratt Galvins job opportunities through the GulfTalent portal. All direct applications will be deleted.