Job description / Role
Our client is a technology company headquartered in the Middle East. They are currently looking to hire a Financial Controller to look after their finance function and support their senior management.
Our client, a technology company headquartered in the UAE, has operations in over 10 countries.
* Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
* Implement the overall financial plans and accounting practices of the company, and any other company as advised
* Prepare and publish timely monthly and yearly financial statements
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
* Manage group working capital and conduct regular reconciliation of cash and banking records - maximise cash within the Business
* Regular verification of Bank balances and reconciliations to ensure adequate funds to support operations and minimise fiscal risks
* Coordinate and review financial closing and consolidated results in accordance with IFRS, and other regulatory requirements
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. It offers the candidate a chance to work with an leading brand and progress in their career path.
* Professional qualification in Accountancy and a degree in finance, economics or accountancy
* Strong knowledge of trade finance, treasury operations, cash management, Export/Import LCs
* Knowledge of pricing preferred
* 6+ years of work experience in a global company and experience in managing a team
* Strong financial control and reporting experience
* Proficient in accounting software eg: Sage
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.