Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
Based in Dubai and reporting directly to Middle East Finance Manager the Controller, you will work closely with Guerlain Regional team, Guerlain HQ and Travel Retail LVMH P&C teams as key Business Partner to monitor the global performance of Travel Retail MEA markets.
You will work closely with Travel Retail team (Commercial, Finance, Marketing ect.) as well as the Travel Retail Controlling Manager based in Paris and be a key contact for all Financial Departments based in HQ (Controlling, Accounting, Consolidation, Internal control)
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the consistency between financial objectives of Travel Retail MEA and Guerlain strategy.
- Participate in the Budget and Revised processes in accordance with HQ requirements and timetables: build and validate hypothesis (Sell Out, Sell In, Operating Profit and CAPEX) with commercial teams. Prepare Budgets Presentations and Financial Packages.
- Secure the achievement of targets assigned to the market: maintain cost control responsibility. Provide relevant reports and rationale with recommended actions plans to the business.
- Participate in monthly topline re-estimations for next 3 months.
- Ensure monthly financial closings is done properly within HQ deadlines (from Sell In to Operating Profit) and analyze variations vs last Budget exercises and previous years.
- Prepare monthly P&L and balance sheet: Accountable for all P&L entries and source of change elements against comparable periods. Monitor evolution of Balance Sheet accounts
- Monitor all OPEX costs and check that they are registered properly. Analyze G&A reinvoicing from other LVMH P&C brands.
- Support monthly reportings to Management and Local, Financial, Commercial and Marketing teams.
- Follow up Sell out performances
- The Finance controller will provide financial advice to the Commercial and Marketing team on ad-hoc and business case analysis including:
- A&P Regional Claims: collect on monthly basis claims from the distributors and control the invoices provided in coordination with Commercial, Merchandising, Marketing and HR teams who gave prior approval on the expenses
- BC Staff cost: Collect each month the BC salaries claims from the distributor, verify them and approve the amount to be paid by the Regional Office.
- Conduct analysis on profitability by country and by doo, alert Commercial department in case of drift
- Trade and Communication follow-up: perform monthly consolidation + analysis of A&P expenses to compare vs Budget, Prepare and analyze launch animation return on investment
- T&E: Gather monthly travel expenses from employees and control T&E claims form, ensure proper coding of claims for accurate repartition in the P&L
- Provides financial advice to the commercial team on ad-hoc and business case analysis as necessary
- Ensure that LVMH accounting standards & internal control guidelines are respected
- Analyze CAPEX requests and follow up of financial requests
- Support on business analysis, cost tracking and ad hoc requests and projects
- Participate to both external & internal audit processes when needed.
What you'll need to succeed
- University or Business School Masters degree (in Finance) OR Bachelors + Finance certification (e.g. ACCA/CIMA/CFA/CPA)
- ESSENTIAL: Must have a minimum of 3 years External Audit experience in a Big 4 consulting firm (or similar)
- Fluent in English. French and/or Arabic are a plus
- Excellent excel skills / advanced knowledge of financial systems (like Oracle, SAP)
- A team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
- Proactive, meticulous with strong analytical thinking and business mind-set
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Well-organized, sensitive to figures, detail-oriented and commitment to accuracy
- Able to work independently, highly autonomous, work under pressure for tight deadlines
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.